Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Re: Replacing a lawn.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't know what your access situation is, but modern micro diggers can get through spaces as small as 24" and are very powerful.......
Wow that is surprising. Thinking about it, I did see a digger going through someone's front door a while back which looked a bit odd. Thanks for the info, definitely something to consider.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've just had mine done.
Looking lusciously green(still on the watering)it's level and pretty stunning.....my advice?
Get somebody in.

Ha! Yes that does sound like the best option. I will be also be building a brick pond using re-claimed bricks eventually so will be bending your ear soon Tpin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I think LD is in a second floor flat!
You should see my en-suite.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i had to virtually rip up this lawn here as it was covered in moss an small plant type things.

Took out 18 very large commercial plastic bags of the stuff

What I bought for my petrol lawn mower was this

I replace the cutting blade with this one which the hooks go into, can also be bought seperately, and went across the grass with it as the first 2 photos show.

Those hooks would have taken out anything in the grass they we vicious but did the trick. That was not even on the lowest mower setting. My betting is that would remove anything depending on mower power.
It took less than a day to do and then went over again to make sure it had taken out everything

Next an electric lawn rake to gather up the loose remains.

This is a section of the grass now left to regrow with a bit of seed for really bald patches

Link to that blade seller depending on blade size £16.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/oreg...Q8nBoCWhDw_wcB

have to say a "normal " dethatcher only scratches the grass, that blade gets down and dirty
Thanks realspeed. Interesting that area took 18 bags. It's much larger than my area. It was the cost and the logistics that's putting me off taking it to the tip but I suppose one of those lawn cutters would take off a very thin layer.

I don't have a petrol mower but I could always hire one I suppose and buy the blade. What a good idea the blade is.

Great job on your lawn btw.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2016, 10:44 AM

Just under 2 weeks old.
Had 3 trees removed, new wall and drive.
Also a complete tarting up over the last few months, bit at a time.
Another reason why I've been spending time at home.

Don't tell Malcolm about the car...shhhhhh
That lawn looks lovely. I'm quite envious of everyone at the moment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
This is mine now, it was all paving but now a circular lawn but also a planted up gravelled area.
Looking good Cranberry. I love the planting.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha! Yes that does sound like the best option. I will be also be building a brick pond using re-claimed bricks eventually so will be bending your ear soon Tpin.
No probs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2016, 11:02 AM

No probs.
Cheers mate.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top