Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Re: Portrait of my Dad

Excellent paintings Claire, thanks for sharing them with us...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Really good painting Claire, do you exhibit your work?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2010, 05:50 PM

I`m just beginning to. It`s taken a while to get back into painting.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Hmm ive started a post 3 times now and re-read it and deleted lol Im not sure if what I actually mean is clear enough for you to understand im not critisising lol Ok i'll just bash it out!!
I like all your paintings very much but you only seem to have splodged a bit of paint around and a beautiful picture emerges! If I were to splodge a bit of paint around it'd look like splodged paint not a picture lol I like the 'simplicity' although I know if it were simple i'd be able to do it too lol To me your work is detailed but yet it isnt but im in no doubt that your day was exactly like that as its a perfect picture of a man... Im waffling now... I guess im just envious of your talent!!
Does that make sense?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Just looked at your website Claire, and your paintings are lovely.......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Very good Claire , how I wish I could paint something more than stick men
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the info on your web site.
John McNally
New Member!
Leamington Spa, UK
John McNally is male 

14-12-2010, 08:21 AM

A lovely natural portrait. You can tell you love your Dad Claire. I'm not normally keen on watercolours, but it's appropriate here.

I prefer the deeper colours of oils, have you ever tried working that medium?

John
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2010, 12:00 PM

No, haven`t used oils. Watercolours suit my style.
I like a medium with a mind of its own.
I`ve just won a cup in a local exhibition - and sold the piece, which is great because i desperately needed a new gas fire!
This is it. It was painted on location in London (Somerset House) then finished at home. It hasn`t photographed well because the glazes are so layered - it does look better in the flesh as it were.

ATM I`m doing a lot of pet portraits, which I enjoy

Do you paint?
John McNally
New Member!
Leamington Spa, UK
John McNally is male 

14-12-2010, 02:27 PM

I do paint Claire, In oils as you might have guessed. I'm starving at the moment though, only sold 6 paintings so far between £50 and £70.

I like your dog portrait and was thinking of doing the same. I painted my own dog once and it came out quite well, it looked like him anyway. How much do you charge for the pet commissions? If you don't mind revealing.

John

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top