Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:19 PM

Re: RSPB Garden wildlife

Yes I do Eliza. Top of my list is the Blue Tit followed by the Long tailed tit. Such lovely little birds, always fussing around and twitching. I have Robins, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Goldfinches etc and a pesky squirrel on the bird feeders and table grrrrr.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:37 PM

I get squirrels too Cedronella. Damn nuisance they are, throwing seed about and digging holes everywhere. My dogs go nuts when they see them running along the fence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That's a fact , but the neighbours always manage to see me when I have my binoculars out..it must bethe German U boat commanders uniform I wear.

Probably think you're a peeping Tom.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:43 PM

My neighbours think I am mad. Everytime I see a squirrel or a pigeon near the feeders I go racing down the garden to shoo them away making some sort of growling noise. I have to chase the squirrel right to the end of the garden because if I just bang the window at him he waves to me.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's really strange, because my little Robin waits for me every morning without fail, and today he wasn't there either! He's a cheeky little chap, I do like to see him about.
As I said, I can only think it's because I altered my routine today.
Theres been a female Blackbird taking over the feeding station ,as soon as i put meal worms out shes there and had a scrap with Robin,I think Robin is losing the fight .
I put Robin food out and F/Blackbird is clearing that up as well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 08:56 PM

I did my watch today .
I saw- all within the hour

6 blackbirds
3 blue tits
2 collared doves
2 great tits
3 sparrows
2 robins
2 starlings
2 woodpigeon
1 Great spotted woodpecker
15 rooks
1 pheasant ( ok hes not really wildlife )
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I did my watch today .
I saw- all within the hour

6 blackbirds
3 blue tits
2 collared doves
2 great tits
3 sparrows
2 robins
2 starlings
2 woodpigeon
1 Great spotted woodpecker
15 rooks
1 pheasant ( ok hes not really wildlife )
Thats a lot of birds Muddy Im guessing you live very close to the fields , I use to get some of them when i lived with woods and fields next to me .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

28-01-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Yes I do Eliza. Top of my list is the Blue Tit followed by the Long tailed tit. Such lovely little birds, always fussing around and twitching. I have Robins, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Goldfinches etc and a pesky squirrel on the bird feeders and table grrrrr.
I had long tailed tits visit me the other week first time in 3 years ,I put some photos of them in the Birds thread , it was difficult to catch them still .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Thats a lot of birds Muddy Im guessing you live very close to the fields , I use to get some of them when i lived with woods and fields next to me .
Yes i live in a small rural village surrounded by fields.
I am counting the days for the end of the shooting season for the poor pheasant sake. He's comes everyday for his breakfast and is quite beautiful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes i live in a small rural village surrounded by fields.
I am counting the days for the end of the shooting season for the poor pheasant sake. He's comes everyday for his breakfast and is quite beautiful.

Oh I am sooo with you on this Muddy. Fingers crossed he makes it through safely.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top