Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Penny Lancaster says she was sexually assaulted

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't have a problem with addressing the issue - I just have a problem with celebrities complaining about their treatment in the entertainment industry, which they willingly entered, knowing the risks.
That is a quote to remember!

You really think she knew the real risk of being drugged and raped at that age and stage?

I'm sick of reading that knowing the risks somehow makes it better...and let's not forget the huge difference between a young innocent girl and a groupie.

Also the huge difference between a predator/rapist and a man like Stewart who is happy to chat about his shenanigans because presumably they were consensual.
Something Weinstein claims, but would appear to be untrue.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:14 AM

I've always said women must protect themselves but I've changed my mind to how dare these men think they can behave like this I watched penny on loose women, she seemed genuine to me as have all the women who have come forward bravely.

It may be some were naive but that shouldn't excuse the men who knew exactly what they were doing.

As many know our late tasha was raped after being drugged, naive to leave her drink unattended in the uni bar, but did that nativity mean she was deserving of what happened ? I don't think so at all.

I think many of us probably most of us have had experiences that were embarrssing at best either on public transport or at work, men have it happen to them too, it's not just women but major number are women.

I encourage anyone thinks this is a fad or fashion to think what if it happened to your wife daughter granddaughter, would you say it's a fad then ? I'll bet if you ask them they have stories too but they may be scared to reveal them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:18 AM

Good post Julie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Yes, these sorts of sexual attacks and exploitation are wrong, but I can't help feeling a bit cynical about the current bandwagon

The Luvvies, the BBC and the rest of the media are falling over themselves to join in, yet for years they did nothing about Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris despite several reports, not to mention Cyril Smith, abuse/grooming in Rotherham and other places
zuludog, I agree.

The Loose Women programme thrives on publicity, that’s why they have Katie Price on there.

Why do celebrity women have to tell the world, why can’t they go quietly to the police about something that happened years ago?

I hear cries of, ‘They want to warn other women and get women to come forward and tell the police what happened to them’.
I say, ‘Why didn’t they do something then, not ten, twenty, thirty, forty or more years after the event. I bet most of the accused men are dead now.

Now David Blaine the magician, is being accused of rape from how many years ago. It’s awful that he has been named, without even being tried in a court of law.

Aren’t there predatory women too? You never hear about the men coming forward about them!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:42 AM

As usual we are confusing a bottom pinching incident with full blown drugging and rape.
Of course Penny was convincing, she's an actress. With the passing of time and the lack of witnesses or proof, it amounts to the victims word against the accused.

All the ladies who entered Weinsteins domain were doing it to further their careers, by whatever means possible. (If you've got the tools, use them) They would have known exactly what they were letting themselves in for, wasn't the gossip at the time that these big producers used to bed their actresses? I'm not saying his methods were right, but even as a young man I had heard the rumours, so you're saying these girls hadn't.

If I stick my hand into a fire I know I'll get burnt. But if someone forces me to stick my hand into the fire, that's a crime....But if I willingly stick my hand into the fire believing it will make my hand famous.....That is stupidity.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
zuludog, I agree.

The Loose Women programme thrives on publicity, that’s why they have Katie Price on there.

Why do celebrity women have to tell the world, why can’t they go quietly to the police about something that happened years ago?

I hear cries of, ‘They want to warn other women and get women to come forward and tell the police what happened to them’.
I say, ‘Why didn’t they do something then, not ten, twenty, thirty, forty or more years after the event. I bet most of the accused men are dead now.

Now David Blaine the magician, is being accused of rape from how many years ago. It’s awful that he has been named, without even being tried in a court of law.

Aren’t there predatory women too? You never hear about the men coming forward about them!
Most women can wind blokes around their little finger.....And then become the victim years down the line when it suits them...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:55 AM

I find it hard to stomach some of the things I'm reading on here, and surprisingly from women as well as men.

We're talking about vulnerable young girls and predatory older men who prey on them, feast on them like bloody vultures, drug and rape, and all I see is words and phrases like bandwagon, asking for it, thriving in the publicity...

Publicity can be a force for GOOD if it shows up misogyny, and by Christ there's one hell of a lot of it on this forum!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I find it hard to stomach some of the things I'm reading on here, and surprisingly from women as well as men.

We're talking about vulnerable young girls and predatory older men who prey on them, feast on them like bloody vultures, drug and rape, and all I see is words and phrases like bandwagon, asking for it, thriving in the publicity...

Publicity is GOOD if it shows up misogyny, and by Christ there's one hell of a lot of it on this forum!
I totally agree with Your post Ruthio,I too am disgusted with the view 'They were asking for it'....What the hell kind of minds do You who think that way have?..I get the feeling You just don't LIKE Women,or have absolutely no respect for Us....Would You really feel the same if it was YOUR Child,Sis,Wife,Mother?...I'm saying no more as My anger is getting beyond anger...I'd just like to slap the fecking face off You who hold this view
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Publicity can be a force for GOOD if it shows up misogyny, and by Christ there's one hell of a lot of it on this forum!
Drugging and rape are the worst possible crimes and should be punished with the full weight of the law. But it helps not to be too naive Ruthio, it's a hard world out there and it's not just men that are predatory...The media will always sensationalise a story and we are not in a position to comment unless we are in possession of the facts which should come out in a court of law. Personally I take these stories with a pinch of salt, or at least question their validity....There are things that happen in the world that even you or I would be shocked to hear about and if you hear about it often enough (through the media with 24/7 coverage) you become numb and desensitised.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of course Penny was convincing, she's an actress..
Penny Lancaster is not an actress she's a model and photographer and in my opinion she's a lovely genuine person.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top