Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 05:30 AM

Re: Elvis - Starring Garry Wesley...

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi ya Floydy...not sure if this'll work or not but here is a video of Elvis' 68 Comeback Special...starring Garry Wesley...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1&&FORM=VDRVRV
Really good isn't he?
I'm not a huge Elvis fan myself but I much prefer the early days when it was rock 'n' roll all the way. The later ballads and the 70's m.o.r. didn't impress me much.
But as a vocalist, he was in a class of his own.
Thanks for posting the video
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 05:40 AM

Yes Floydy...he really is good. I was truly amazed with his talent.

HAHAHA...I guess I am a true fan because I love all of his music...and I think his voice only became better as he aged. So true, his vocals are in a class of their own...

You're very welcome, Floydy...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 05:43 AM

It looked fun

I would have loved to have seen Elvis he was such a showman, and so good looking especially in his black leather days
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 12:05 PM

I too would have loved to have seen Elvis , a lovely man I've heard . I love his music and his gospel music was so powerful.

I recently watched a rerun of one of his last performances he was overweight and looked so unwell my heart went out to him yet he sang from his heart .
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It looked fun

I would have loved to have seen Elvis he was such a showman, and so good looking especially in his black leather days
Hi summer...yes indeed, it was fun...we had an awesome time.

Oh yes, summer he was amazing when I saw him in 1957...in his gold lame'... What a showman, even in the beginning...so ...

Thanks summer, for your reply...
Beautiful Filly

01-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I too would have loved to have seen Elvis , a lovely man I've heard . I love his music and his gospel music was so powerful.

I recently watched a rerun of one of his last performances he was overweight and looked so unwell my heart went out to him yet he sang from his heart .
Hi susan m...I really considered myself one of the lucky ones to have seen Elvis in Canada...as he only did 3 concerts in Ontario and a couple out west as I recall...

OMGoodness...his gospel music is in a class all it's own. I often listen to it if I am having a bad day, which doesn't happen too often, I am happy to say...

I believe I know the concert you are speaking of...where he looked unwell and way over weight. I think it was the one where he introduced his father and girl friend...

It's been so nice speaking with you this morning...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 03:32 PM

I just listened to some of that tape Filly....he certainly was good. I am so happy you got to see that concert...

Was it from Kaicey or who?
Beautiful Filly

01-02-2018, 04:33 PM

HAHAHA...so am I Blue, this was the very first time that I've ever seen an Elvis Impersonator...glad that he was the very best to see...

Alanna gave me the tickets for Christmas, Blue.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top