Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Re: 35mm film - a question for people who know about film.

Just done some googling...... Photoexpress will develop/scan to CD a 24 frame film for £5.50, and develop and print for £6.50.

Compared with the prices of yesteryear, that doesn't seem too bad, especially for just getting one rogue film developed.

It does concentrate the mind onto the photos one is taking, though! No more point and shoot and hope for the best!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
It does concentrate the mind onto the photos one is taking, though! No more point and shoot and hope for the best!
Yes. After I went digital, it took me a while to get out of that mindset.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes. After I went digital, it took me a while to get out of that mindset.
My main difficulty was getting out of the habit of holding the camera up to my eyeball!
I kept forgetting it had a screen!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Some colleges still teach film developing, I believe.
You could ask around if they'd like the films or could practice developing.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 09:53 AM

My main difficulty was getting out of the habit of holding the camera up to my eyeball!
I kept forgetting it had a screen!
I've got three cameras, all with tilt up screens, and wrist straps instead of neck straps. I shoot from the hip.
Pyxell
South of England

06-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've got three cameras, all with tilt up screens, and wrist straps instead of neck straps. I shoot from the hip.
Hmm. Have you ever been arrested?
Pyxell
South of England

06-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some colleges still teach film developing, I believe.
You could ask around if they'd like the films or could practice developing.
Yes, if I decide to dispose of them, I'll offer them on a local free site, I expect.

However, if the half-used film comes out ok, I might hang onto them.

(I've kept all my old mobile phones, so the camera and films could be part of my antique collection!
I have my dad's old box camera too. No film for it, though!)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 12:57 PM

I have my dad's old box camera too. No film for it, though!)
I still have my old Zorki which I bought around 1970 plus a couple of longer lenses. It's a Russian copy of a Leica.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:12 PM

Slightly off topic... I have about 7 or 8 of those throw away cameras that I gave my daughter through the years when she was younger. (She's 31 now)
She went to various places with junior and senior school and with a club she was in.
They ended up being forgotten about.

When I moved here 8 yrs ago, I came across them when packing. I took a couple to Tesco's for developing. They came out well enough but didn't really contain anything of interest and so the rest are just lying in the wardrobe.
I feel I want to take them in for development, but I just keep forgetting. I don't want to throw them away, it's her past on there - interesting pictures or not
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Going through a drawer of stuff, I found my old 35mm camera, (with a roll of film still in it!), and about 15 rolls of 35mm film, 24 exposures each, unused. (Truprint).

I can't remember how old they are, but I had a stack of Truprint envelopes with them, for sending off for development, now defunct, of course.

I can't remember when I bought my first digital camera, which superseded this one. Probably around 10 years ago, but might be a bit longer.

Anyway, two questions:

1) Would this film still be ok to use, or does it deteriorate?

2) Plus, some of them are loose, but in little black canisters, and about 4 are still in the sealed foil pouches they came in. I have put the lot in a plastic tub.
Is that ok to store them in?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh, by the way, the lithium battery in the 35mm camera has run out. It's a strange looking battery. What are the chances of being able to buy a new one?
It's sort of like a double battery cartridge.
If these are in plastic canisters then they have already been exposed I would think.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top