Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 02:44 PM

Re: Tribalism

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I can well believe that that is the case.

However, I think they are labouring under a misconception.

I don't think islam will ever conquer the world, even if they take over countries by force of numbers. You cannot force people to believe in something that they do not. All you can do is to force them to pay lip service.

Even then, apart from enforcing their rules and way of life will not change people. People who cannot abide such a life in a country that has been taken over will, if there is no way to defeat the invader, emigrate taking with them their skills and knowledge. I'm thinking of skills and knowledge that have built the modern civilised world.

The 'conquered' countries would, I believe, inevitably deteriorate into third-world countries and the muslims will have achieved nothing of value.
I have to disagree with you there JBR. Many of our churches have already been converted into Mosques and the residential houses surrounding them have reduced in value... so the British people who owned them have already lost money.
People who have businesses in those areas will have to sell goods, that the people living there want, & women may be prevented from driving, so garages will lose work.
They will have more fertile ground, thanks to our farmers, so will obtain land at reduced prices.....and where will we Europeans find homes that offer the accommodation to meet our needs!
They will try to take the UK first, but if Europe accept Tribalism the same will happen there because they also have millions of immigrants, whose living standards will be improved, when you consider the homes they have come from.
You forget that many of them come from poor countries which lack the service facilities we have here, like water supplies, good electricity & more hospitals. They will soon learn how they work & many of the hospital staff will follow their religion.
They haven't been planning this for years to lose it when they are getting close to what they want!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have to disagree with you there JBR. Many of our churches have already been converted into Mosques and the residential houses surrounding them have reduced in value... so the British people who owned them have already lost money.
People who have businesses in those areas will have to sell goods, that the people living there want, & women may be prevented from driving, so garages will lose work.
They will have more fertile ground, thanks to our farmers, so will obtain land at reduced prices.....and where will we Europeans find homes that offer the accommodation to meet our needs!
Not sure exactly what you're disagreeing with here, Twinkle, and I agree with all you are saying.

In fact, exactly that happened to us. My father had an off-licence shop in an area of Bradford called West Bowling. This was at the time when the invasion began to take off. To cut a long story short, he had to sell up our shop for obvious reasons and we moved away, he having lost a lot of money in the process.

As things are now, I can't think of a single area of Bradford (the original area of the city, before they decided to include 'nicer' outlying areas like Ilkley and Baildon) which could be described as 'upmarket'.

Where will we find homes to meet our needs?
Well, we'll move out to parts of the country that are still worth living in. Eventually, it may be that there aren't any left, so we'll do as I said and emigrate!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:21 PM

Hi

I get criticised on here because of my views.

I have downsized hugely and moved to an Ex Council Estate which is much better than the slum I was born in.

Lots of decent, hard working people here.

I am not having my life ruined by a few scumbags which the authorities will not deal with.

They will be moving, not me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I get criticised on here because of my views.

I have downsized hugely and moved to an Ex Council Estate which is much better than the slum I was born in.

Lots of decent, hard working people here.

I am not having my life ruined by a few scumbags which the authorities will not deal with.

They will be moving, not me.
Yes. There are still many working class areas where decent people live and know how to behave considerately.
In fact, I know of some where, despite the lack of police and support by the courts, the local people can stand up for themselves and are willing and able to sort out the yobs for themselves!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not sure exactly what you're disagreeing with here, Twinkle, and I agree with all you are saying.

In fact, exactly that happened to us. My father had an off-licence shop in an area of Bradford called West Bowling. This was at the time when the invasion began to take off. To cut a long story short, he had to sell up our shop for obvious reasons and we moved away, he having lost a lot of money in the process.

As things are now, I can't think of a single area of Bradford (the original area of the city, before they decided to include 'nicer' outlying areas like Ilkley and Baildon) which could be described as 'upmarket'.

Where will we find homes to meet our needs?
Well, we'll move out to parts of the country that are still worth living in. Eventually, it may be that there aren't any left, so we'll do as I said and emigrate!
JBR, I was disagreeing with this.....
The 'conquered' countries would, I believe, inevitably deteriorate into third-world countries and the muslims will have achieved nothing of value.

Because it would dramatically reduce any money we would get for our houses and they could move into better conditions than they have been used to.
Some are educated and would soon learn how to make our country their own, but pay less for it than it's worth. They have almost taken over Dewsbury already!
In effect they will have stolen our jobs & our homes whilst we have less money to emigrate & thereby end up worse off than they would be.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-04-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
JBR, I was disagreeing with this.....

Because it would dramatically reduce any money we would get for our houses and they could move into better conditions than they have been used to.
Some are educated and would soon learn how to make our country their own, but pay less for it than it's worth. They have almost taken over Dewsbury already!
In effect they will have stolen our jobs & our homes whilst we have less money to emigrate & thereby end up worse off than they would be.
I agree. There are some highly educated muslims in this country including, as I have mentioned before, the ophthalmic surgeons who have operated on my eye (and done a good job!).

However, they are in a minority and if you travel to Bradford (yes, and Dewsbury) you will see the sort of people I referred to who lower the standards and monetary value of an area.

These are examples of the areas which I maintain would spread and become 'third world' areas. If they spread widely enough, the UK will become a third world country.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 07:21 PM

We are tribal, swimfeeders. It starts with families, groups we belong to, etc. I don't think you will ever part with that notion.

The two party, winner-take-all system works with an educated electorate. Without an understanding of that system, it devolves into people thinking it it a zero sum game.

I am with JBR in thinking that proportional representation is an interesting notion, though I haven't explored it much. The advantage I see is that minorities are given a direct voice in legislative branches and at it might prevents the passage of bills continually being determined along party lines.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 08:32 PM

I'm sorry guys, but I find the idea of Muslims ever taking over the UK as preposterous! The majority of Muslims in this country are happy to live and work alongside the rest of us.
There are pockets of extreme Muslims that could possibly be of some concern, but the posts on here are drastically overestimating their intentions and are not considering how much they are outnumbered......

Less than one percent rise in five years hardly suggests a major takeover.....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Religions.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	15346  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 08:37 PM

Hi

Just to say thank you to those who have contributed to this thread.

A range of views and not a single personal insult.

This is exactly what Forums should be.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 08:43 PM

There is only one party at the moment - Conservatives.

Labour are a complete shambles, Corbyn did irreparable damage to them. They cannot continue being the party of the centre ground, centre left and the hard left, they have to split the party in order to get control. The problem is, if they do, they would split their own vote and hand even more control to the conservatives.

Starmer is no leader and his stance over Brexit won't be forgotten by the red wall, all his cheap shots and fake outrage only appeals to his disciples on the front bench, everyone else is sick of hearing it and him perpetually changing his mind and desperately trying to find an agenda he can follow.

No new party would ever get elected either its a waste of time trying.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top