Join for free
Page 200 of 276 « First < 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 05:17 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Hope all goes well for you today Ffosse.
Are they sure what's actually wrong with you now mate? Do you think this is the start of actually getting you back onto the road to recovery? Ot's been a hell of a hard road for you bud and you're incredibly resilient with all of this.
Best of luck today matey
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 06:30 AM

Cheers Floydy, well I've got 2 cancers: Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins, the latter being the worse. These are both blood cancers.

My last CAT scan showed 3 enflamed lymph nodes so they're going to do a biopsy on one of them and find out if it is cancerous.

Today's assessment isn't a biopsy, merely a checkup to see if my body can withstand surgery.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Keep us posted Dreamy. Good luck for today, and let us hope they can do the biopsy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Well today went very well, there was a lot to get through with questions, an ECG, blood taken, weight and height observed.

Couldn't get over how cold it is outside, -2 when I left, but both taxis were warm and their drivers chatty. My last taxi took cash only but there's a cash machine in the shop below me so it's very handy.

Tomorrow I meet a Clinical Psychiatric Nurse and it's in the opposite direction, but still less to travel than the hospital.

When I have my biopsy, I'm to stay overnight so I find that quite reassuring, having an acquaintance who had a stroke the night after his biopsy.

I've found out that I've now to be at the hospital at 7am; a bit of an early start but I'll be fine, it'll just be dark outside.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well today went very well, there was a lot to get through with questions, an ECG, blood taken, weight and height observed.

Couldn't get over how cold it is outside, -2 when I left, but both taxis were warm and their drivers chatty. My last taxi took cash only but there's a cash machine in the shop below me so it's very handy.

Tomorrow I meet a Clinical Psychiatric Nurse and it's in the opposite direction, but still less to travel than the hospital.

When I have my biopsy, I'm to stay overnight so I find that quite reassuring, having an acquaintance who had a stroke the night after his biopsy.
At least you are fit for the biopsy Dreamy, that is a plus.
I am glad they will keep you in, I know how worried you will be.
Take a whole list of your thoughts and strange dreams, when you see the Clinical Psychiatric nurse, that way you can cover all worries.
Positive thoughts winging their way to you Dreamy, you can get through this . xxxx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-01-2019, 02:39 PM

Thanks, Sweetie, I can't remember being so anxious over a biopsy before. I worry the surgeon, anaesthetist etc. may screw it up although I realise this is unlikely. Perhaps I'll get the chance to explain my worries beforehand.

Learnt also that 7am doesn't necessarily mean 7am - my biopsy could be anytime that day. There is a fast from midnight the preceding day - I'll be able to cope with that. And I can drink black coffee if I like.

I just pray that I'm going to be OK on the day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Ffosse try not to worry. Hopefully it won't be too bad and at least you are getting closer to finally feeling a bit better now that they know what they are dealing with. Fingers crossed for all going well.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, Sweetie, I can't remember being so anxious over a biopsy before. I worry the surgeon, anaesthetist etc. may screw it up although I realise this is unlikely. Perhaps I'll get the chance to explain my worries beforehand.

Learnt also that 7am doesn't necessarily mean 7am - my biopsy could be anytime that day. There is a fast from midnight the preceding day - I'll be able to cope with that. And I can drink black coffee if I like.

I just pray that I'm going to be OK on the day.
Of course, you are Dreamy, you will be fine. xxx
Don't stress please, it sends your blood pressure up.
Don't forget that list. xxxx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-01-2019, 05:03 PM

I've just been called to say that I'm to have a blood transfusion, lasting most of the day, next Monday in Ward 1. No doubt to get me ready for the biopsy on Wednesday.

I don't like the process, it's lengthy and tedious with nothing to do but play with my phone.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Page 200 of 276 « First < 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top