Join for free
Page 21 of 391 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 06:19 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Today I put in a hard days work, worked my fingers to the bone, but it's all finished now, I'm tired but gratified. I'm going to relax and watch an old black and white film, "Arsenic and old lace", might get some idea's.

I saw this photo and it reminded me the wife and her older sister are going out for a drink tonight, hope there's plenty of room at the bar.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 10:37 PM

Jem, no wonder you get yourself in trouble!

....had the whole day to myself-two lovely walks and being pampered at the hairdressers For the past week I have been helping my Sister to look after her MIL (85) who has Vascular Dementia. Sister's FIL is 87 and desperately needed a break. MIL has now gone into Home for respite care for two weeks which will give her family a well earned rest. My heart goes out to anyone who is caring for a loved one with Dementia, it's heartbreaking and so stressful
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 01:39 PM

I do agree merz, Dementia is heartbreaking. Hubby and I found it very distressful coping with my mum, though we were lucky, because she was happy most of the time.
And I agree too..Jimmy asks for trouble

Today I have decided to have a rest...we've had our eldest grandson stay for two days. He has been helping tidy the shed. But to be honest, I worried the whole time. He is due for another heart operation at GOSH. They have delayed it a couple of times. Have I said before, what a wonderful place GOSH is?

Anyway, he worked hard with grandad but I made sure they had plenty of stops, though he musn't drink watery fluids, and it's a job to get him to drink the thick stuff they give him.
Naughty boy..he does have a half pint of beer (under supervision) each Friday night.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 07:25 PM

Today I laughed when I shouldn't have laughed, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer, let me explain.
One of the old lads who sits with us every lunchtime in the local was all dolled up with navy blue suit and sparkling white shirt, he was to meet his missus at 1oc and they were heading into town to book a holiday in Egypt. Half past one came and went and yerman was still playing dominoes with us, in walks his wife with a face like a bear with a boil, sits down at the table and asks her husband to go up to the bar and get her a half pint of lager, he places the glass in front of her and says, "Sorry I'm a bit late love, but I got carried away with the game." She flings the contents of the glass into his astonished face and walks out. Well I tried to keep a straight face but I couldn't, if anybody had it coming to him it was yerman. He went into the toilet to clean up, but he didn't come back, hate to be in his shoes tonight.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Oh the satisfaction of a good aim,I was ( and still couldbe ) a"chucker".Got it off my Grannie,she had a better aim than me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

04-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Fair play to you Annie, my missus got a lovely one on me many years ago, I must say I deserved what I got on that occasion.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Poor Jem.

Well, today I have done my laundry and blitzed the kitchen, jobs I usually reserve for Saturdays, which I won't have time to do tomorrow, as I'll be blitzing my bedroom, stripping the bed, turning the mattress (with a lot of huffing and puffing) which, by the time I've done that, I'll be pooped, so will need an hour or so before I can start again.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Well after today I have decided to not bother what day it is, went to Sainsbury's to do the shopping locally and said to the girl on the till never mind you will be closed tomorrow wont you and she said oh no open as usual, I was suprised and said but I thought easter Sunda was the day you closed all day, no she said its Saturday tomorrow! Then to make it worse I said so what day is it today then... Glory Be... its time I shuffled off this Mortal coil!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Annie!

I must admit, when I was at work yesterday, on leaving I said: "See you tomorrow." My reply was that I'd be on my own then! I forgot it was Good Friday today.

Page 21 of 391 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top