Join for free
Page 214 of 274 « First < 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nice to have a bit of humour in the thread I guess
No mate, of course not. That fidgeting, squawking brat didn't even come close.

No Ffosse. Got a couple of albums but they don't really stand out for me that much.

No I don't. Have we ever had a live funeral on OFF yet?
I'm retired from lists after this lot buddy
You'll be telling me you forgot to include the Proclaimers next
https://youtu.be/ZmELS03_4So

Unforgivable !

Maybe we should start a thread where a person starts off posting their top 20 albums of all time and then at the end nominates the next person to do so ( ice-bucket challenge stylee!) Each person would start a separate thread.
You could nominate someone at the end of your journey!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You'll be telling me you forgot to include the Proclaimers next
https://youtu.be/ZmELS03_4So

Unforgivable !

Maybe we should start a thread where a person starts off posting their top 20 albums of all time and then at the end nominates the next person to do so ( ice-bucket challenge stylee!) Each person would start a separate thread.
You could nominate someone at the end of your journey!!
The Proclaimers!! Sorry Moscow, not my bag at all there. Can't figure out a word they're on about tbh! each to...etc though

I think you have a great idea, and even better limiting it to a top 20 - I did go a little overboard here - we'll have to remember to do that at the end of this trudge.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Last one tonight and it’s a belter…

No.80: “Out Of The Blue” by The Electric Light Orchestra (1978)
Jeff Lynne’s magnum opus, Out Of The Blue was the exquisite double record (or one CD) which put all the great man’s talents together over four sides of classic material. So many great songs are contained on this disc but as usual it’s best to highlight those wonderful singles via video here. I mean, what do we need more than this: ‘Mr. Blue Sky’, ‘Wild West Hero’, Turn To Stone’ and the sublime ‘Sweet Talkin’ Woman’. That spaceship they took on the road with them, the full orchestra, you name it this band was superb in all the right areas.
I had the pleasure of witnessing Jeff Lynne’s ELO at a Hull stadium in 2017 and I can honestly say it was the best concert I’ve seen in years. Hit after hit, everybody dancing in the stands. It was immense! And so is this classic album.

Sleeve image, other images:

Videos:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-05-2018, 08:21 PM

Extra video from Hull (the gig I was at last year):

Interview:

Personnel:
• Jeff Lynne – lead and backing vocals, lead, rhythm and slide guitars (Gibson EDS-1275, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Marauder, Ovation 1615/4, Ovation 1619/4), Wurlitzer electric piano, Minimoog
• Bev Bevan – Slingerland drums, Remo Rototoms, Avedis Zildjian cymbals, Slingerland Bev Bevan drumsticks, Remo drumheads, gong, various percussion instruments, backing vocals, fire extinguisher on "Mr. Blue Sky"
• Richard Tandy – Yamaha Corporation piano, Wurlitzer electric piano, ARP 2600, Minimoog, Polymoog, ARP Omni, ARP Odyssey, Hohner clavinet, SLM Concert Spectrum, Mellotron M400, sequencers, Gibson SG Custom electric guitar
• Kelly Groucutt – co-lead vocals on "Sweet Is the Night", backing vocals, Gibson G3 bass guitar, percussion
• Mik Kaminski – violin
• Hugh McDowell – cello

Track listing:
1. "Turn to Stone"
2. "It's Over"
3. "Sweet Talkin' Woman"
4. "Across the Border"
5. "Night in the City"
6. "Starlight"
7. "Jungle"
8. "Believe Me Now"
9. "Steppin' Out"
10. "Standin' in the Rain"
11. "Big Wheels"
12. "Summer and Lightning"
13. "Mr. Blue Sky"
14. "Sweet Is the Night"
15. "The Whale"
16. "Birmingham Blues"
17. "Wild West Hero"

Some more in the morning (possibly).
Thanks for your continued interest in my ridiculous thread
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Saturday night fever.

Still an amazing soundtrack and on a par with Grease. Also featuring the excellent Tavares who had hits such as Whodunit, Don't take away the music and She's gone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Now were talking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 09:55 PM

Out of the Blue. ELO. What can I say. Every song was a hit imo.

Wild West Hero reminds me of travelling by coach to St Mary's Bay in Kent for a school trip. I was sat on the back seat with some girl who had decided to lay her head in my lap for most of the journey. This song came on the radio a couple of times.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Full Moon Fever is a great album only spoiled by Zombie Zoo at the end of it. Even Petty admitted they had far better songs they could have had instead of that one
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Saturday night fever.

Still an amazing soundtrack and on a par with Grease. Also featuring the excellent Tavares who had hits such as Whodunit, Don't take away the music and She's gone.
Stunning isn't it bud? Love Tavares and all those afro-disco vocal groups.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Out of the Blue. ELO. What can I say. Every song was a hit imo.
Wild West Hero reminds me of travelling by coach to St Mary's Bay in Kent for a school trip. I was sat on the back seat with some girl who had decided to lay her head in my lap for most of the journey. This song came on the radio a couple of times.
Love those old recollections. It's like we can remember where we were at certain times, even where we bought our records from.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Now were talking.
Good. I must be doing something right at last

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Full Moon Fever is a great album only spoiled by Zombie Zoo at the end of it. Even Petty admitted they had far better songs they could have had instead of that one
yeah, I didn't like that silly throaway track either.
You've caught me just at the right time though, Ffosse. hang around as I'm just about to post a further six albums now, two of which I know you will really enjoy...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-05-2018, 10:25 AM

No.79: “Don’t Get Weird On Me Babe” by Lloyd Cole (1991)
If you want a divorce album this is the one to head for. Ditching his “Commotions” in the late 1980’s, Lloyd Cole set out on his own and this second solo release is something of an unsung gem.
Dealing as it does with his marriage break-up, it’s not as doom and gloom as you may think. The songs are largely uptempo, the band sound fantastic and Cole supplies the best songwriting on record since the early album Rattlesnakes way back in ’84. Give this album a go, it’s a wonderful piece of work, hence it’s high placing in the list.
Some videos below, including a later acoustic show from 2015.

Sleeve image:

Videos:

Page 214 of 274 « First < 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top