Join for free
Page 23 of 83 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 > Last »
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 04:55 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
There is no discussion though - people that do not agree with you are racist idiots it seems, so I counteract by saying the 'geeks' in the arena are stupid, idiotic con artists .....
to their own

That's your imagination I'm afraid Patsy - I've neither said or implied that you or anyone else is a racist, an idiot or both. Abuse is simply counter-productive.

I have joined what looked like a discussion about Nigel Farage, and raised issues in a way that clearly is at odds with some other members beliefs about him and his party.

Well I believe political beliefs SHOULD be challenged - mine included - because that is the only way we will ever improve or change things. How will UKIP ever lead the UK out of the EU if it doesn't have the courage of its convictions - isn't that why Nige took on Clegg last week?

You may be offended at the thought of UKIP being mentioned in the same breath as the BNP, but its not offensive to suggest there may be some policy similarities when there clearly are; the fact that many UKIP members would be horrified to be considered racist is to their credit, but this 'discussion' is about the EU, not racism.

It does seem some people have difficulty with being presented with alternative, fact-based opinions or someone disagreeing with them. Not worth taking it personally though.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Blimey! Last time I read a discussion like this it was about a certain ex-royal.Opposing views and never the twain shall meet come to mind
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Not once have we tried to 'persuade' you to change your stance on Euro,
I really don't like anyone trying to 'change' my viewpoint. Its something I just don't do. I have only given reasons as to why I admire farage, mainly because he tells it as it is, he stands and 'faces them'.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Blimey! Last time I read a discussion like this it was about a certain ex-royal.Opposing views and never the twain shall meet come to mind
Ooooo don't go there gal
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Well you can't say I haven't tried to contribute to the discussion in my brief time here, even if it clearly hasn't been very welcome. Occasionally, a particular post will justify a bit of sarcasm if only to illustrate a point- but clearly that is frowned on too. Wont dare use a smiley here.

Stay put Simon good buddy -you're among friends down this neck of the woods - keep plugging away comrade, eventually they'll get to see what a total Fascist git he is.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 08:06 PM

Good grief no wonder some members are leaving. Not nice reading a thread such as this and seeing how nasty some people are - especially towards newcomers.

Shit ... I think I will join the exodus too as the tone of this forum has dropped quite a bit lately.

Getting the feeling that this place stinks a bit - not good.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Good grief no wonder some members are leaving. Not nice reading a thread such as this and seeing how nasty some people are - especially towards newcomers.

Shit ... I think I will join the exodus too as the tone of this forum has dropped quite a bit lately.

Hang in there mate. Presenting the politics of optimism is always a battle, but nastiness is always a sign of a battle argument lost
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 07:26 AM

Optimism for me would be getting out of the EU and standing on our own feet for a change, we used to be a proud fine people who although small in stature were big in heart. Now look at us hanging on for scraps from the euro table ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Hang in there mate. Presenting the politics of optimism is always a battle, but nastiness is always a sign of a battle argument lost
Again - if you 'knew' this member - you would know - he aint going nowhere .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

That is - coming from you .......

Page 23 of 83 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top