Join for free
Page 23 of 49 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 08:13 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (Part 4)

Rather gloomy out today-suits my mood.I've been pretty down for the last couple of days,I seem to be missing my best friend even more.It's been almost 3months since she died.
I have to push myself to go out but I must go shopping today.
Sorry to be such a misery-guts.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 08:15 AM

Good morning all - and a special welcome to Cloudwatcher. Where do you hail from? I'm in mid-Wales (near Hay on Wye). Have to confess that I haven't been into the centre of Leominster for a couple of years - seem to think there is a super ironmonger/cookshop there as well.

Nothing in particular on today - have just spent 20 mins heaving rubbish and recycling bins about. I'm sure all these new arrangements are lovely for the dustmen, but they're not "little old lady" friendly..............
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Hello Cloudwatcher. Macaroni Cheese and Ginger Beer, thats an interesting combination.

Have you now had the new wheelie bins Sue, that Cardiffians are complaining about. We have had them donkeys years. I have to drag them 100 yards down to the road, two of them get pretty heavy and down our slope sometimes run away with me. Much preferred the old plastic bags of years gone by. Ay least I didn't have to go and drag them back up again.
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 09:38 AM

Hello Cloudwatcher ....... Celyn I've had wheelies for some years now but I can understand the complaints when you have to put them some way from the house......my s-I-law has to put hers at the bottom of her lane.
I hope you feel better soon Rhosyn.....you're not a misery guts at all.(hugs)
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:30 AM

Good morning everybody, and welcome Cloudwatcher. We have three bins for recycling one for garden and food waste, one for paper, plastic and cans, and one for ordinary rubbish. Staying home today and catching up on housework.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 01:43 PM

Hello Cloudwatcher , I'm from the South on the Gower coast xx
Know how you feel Rhosyn , I had to really push myself just to do a few errands in Mumbles and couldn't get back quick enough.
Very overcast here and a chilly breeze in Mumbles
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 04:00 PM

Meant to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Celyn ,hope you are having a good one xxxx
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 06:12 PM

It turned out a lovely sunny day here. Got some housework done and then went out for some lunch, then a walk along the front.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:28 PM

Thanks . Had a lovely day. Went out for lunch, and seen all the family except the Cardiff mob. Twins started back to school today.

We have two bins for rubbish, two for recycling and two garden bags. Most people have one of each but we have two because of the amount we generate from Michael. By gosh they are heavy too. Just taken the rubbish ones down and I am now puffing and panting.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:00 PM

I have one (extra large) black wheelie bin (only emptied once a fortnight and they are talking about making it every three weeks!) plus red box for recycling, blue box with lid for paper and card, green box for glass and a green container and bio bags for food waste. We generate a large amount of waste from Rob - if they decide to go to three weekly collections, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm sure this new system is heaven for the dustmen, but heaving that lot around doesn't do much for little old ladies...................... Especially when it's poured with rain and they all have to be dried off when they've been carried into the porch all soaking wet...................

Page 23 of 49 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top