Join for free
Page 255 of 391 « First < 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 07:25 PM

Re: Today I have .........

He has you spoilt all right Janela, sure no better girl to spoil, a good man is he, that's true love at it's best.
Today I'm exhausted after a hard days work, thank God I'm retired and can do it when I want to, that part of it is a blessing. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labour and as long as I have the energy to lower a few glasses of port I'll be happy, cheers!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Enjoy yer evening Jem - cheers !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 09:25 PM

Took myself off shopping for the day and spent nearly £100. Eek!

I wanted to find some £4.99 men's shoes in Shoe Zone, that are soft, comfortable and close with a velcro strip. All stores were not stocking them and in Romford I decided to ask staff member. Should have done that before. Guess what? They had 3 pairs, in my size, upstairs. I asked for 2. Well pleased. I wear this type of shoe constantly.

Also wanted, and got, a night shirt, a backpack, new diary, family Christmas cards. Found a fold up seat, for £2.99, which has its own carry bag. So tiny, but may come in handy for those tv show queues. Or out and about.

Then into Asda, and home.

Successful shopping trip.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Jimmy, we both said what a lovely man you are
I hope you enjoy your port, well deserved my friend.

Janet, what a bargain £4.99 a pair! Wish you many happy miles in them.

.....been waiting for the pharmacist to deliver our medication. Hubby went into the garden and around the side and laying on the floor by the side gate were my tablets, in a paper bag.
The bag was damp, he 'phoned the pharmacy and they were supposedly delivered yesterday.
So they had been out there all night!!
They sent out a fresh prescription (mine only) so we are still waiting for hubby's (and I bet they forget his insulin-they always do )
A very stupid and careless thing for the driver to do ... the bag could have been taken by our resident fox ... it is always taking things.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Jimmy, we both said what a lovely man you are
I hope you enjoy your port, well deserved my friend.

Janet, what a bargain £4.99 a pair! Wish you many happy miles in them.

.....been waiting for the pharmacist to deliver our medication. Hubby went into the garden and around the side and laying on the floor by the side gate were my tablets, in a paper bag.
The bag was damp, he 'phoned the pharmacy and they were supposedly delivered yesterday.
So they had been out there all night!!
They sent out a fresh prescription (mine only) so we are still waiting for hubby's (and I bet they forget his insulin-they always do )
A very stupid and careless thing for the driver to do ... the bag could have been taken by our resident fox ... it is always taking things.

...... Or by little kids thinking they were sweeties.This Pharmacy should be told in no uncertain terms that leaving medication (however inocuous) on a doorstep is not the correct thing to do.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 06:24 PM

Today we had the two grandsons back for dinner, they're gone home now and all is quiet here in the east wing, we've closed off the west wing for the winter and given the servants an extended holiday, except for our butler Barnes, he's in charge of the cellar and I like my port in tip top condition every time. .
I must tell you about the wife's lucky escape yesterday evening, she was returning with her groceries on the path of the main road in our area when a tree crashed and fell about 20 yards in front of her, it fell into a garden crushing the metal fence, if it had fallen onto the very busy road it surely would have injured someone or worse. There was a strong wind but I've seen worse this year, they removed some of these older tree recently but the remaining ones are obviously not safe and the sooner the better they get rid of them all, they are very old.
I thought she would be shocked and shaken when she got home but not a bother on her, she waited until she put the groceries away, made a cup of tea, then sat down to tell me all about it, had it been me I would be a nervous wreak, but she's made of sterner stuff, just goes to show you, you never know what's around the corner so be careful out there Folks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 06:30 PM

We were discussing the issue of falling trees Jem - I said to Hubs why do so many fall as they do. Its obviously as you say - they were not stable to start with. Caused terrible tragedies a few days back, as you say Phyllis did well just to need a cuppa ......give her a hug .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Thanks Patsy. I know nothing about trees but it seems to me that 'Town trees' if you like, never look as healthy as the trees in a park or in the countryside, they never have an even bark, you always get big ugly looking bumps blobs and gaps on then, I suspect that's because they have concrete all around them with just a tiny square of soil around the bottom of the tree, but I don't know. They planted a new tree outside our house seven years ago and its growing grand so far, Phyllis plants little flower around it, but in twenty years time I'll bet it'll start to get the bumps blobs and gaps, just like the rest of us in twenty years time.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 10:50 PM

Blimey Jem make up your mind, is you The Lord of the manor, or is you Sgt. Esterhouse?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;371969]Today we had the two grandsons back for dinner, they're gone home now and all is quiet here in the east wing, we've closed off the west wing for the winter and given the servants an extended holiday, except for our butler Barnes, he's in charge of the cellar and I like my port in tip top condition every time. .
I must tell you about the wife's lucky escape yesterday evening, she was returning with her groceries on the path of the main road in our area when a tree crashed and fell about 20 yards in front of her,

Your poor wife had a lucky escape Jem, that must have been scary. Glad she got home safely.

Page 255 of 391 « First < 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top