Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 05:02 AM

Re: Britains Got Talent

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was happy with the result but TBH I'm getting a bit bored with the so-called 'dance' acts .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Who would you have liked to win then, Spitty?
The Bloke on the Trampoline who kept on having intentional accidents, he was very funny.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I thoroughly enjoyed it and was happy with the result but TBH I'm getting a bit bored with the so-called 'dance' acts .
So am I Alan, I am not saying they aren't very clever to do what they do but you can have too many of them
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Well that's it for this year. Did you agree with the votes?

That lady who won had a truly brilliant relationship with her dogs. Did you see the little 3-legged Sheltie who joined in part of their act tonight, what a sweetheart.

I think they had some really superb acts this year.
I think they were great Mups You you can see that Matisse was trained with the use of positive reinforcement he was so eager to please.

I would have liked to have seen the group 'somthing' Avenue get to the final, they were better than some of the others.

I didn't like to see the little girl doing the martial arts act, I thought it looked 'out of control' and unrepresentative of the sport.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Don't follow that? What's Crufts got to do with BGT?

Anyway, who did you want to win, you haven't said?
I meant that if dogs can enter a human talent contest then humans should able to enter Crufts! Not meant to be taken seriously Mups!
But I would like an age limit, don't like to see performing children tbh.
I've not watched the contest all through so I can't pick a winner, but for me it would be music always, so probably the choir.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-06-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I meant that if dogs can enter a human talent contest then humans should able to enter Crufts! Not meant to be taken seriously Mups!
I've not watched the contest all through so I can't pick a winner, but for me it would be music always, so probably the choir.
I agree, I had the feeling with the little 'martial arts' girl who cried when she didn't get pick that she was being 'pushed' by someone.
This was reinforced for me with her final programme which seemed way too complex for her and I thought could actually damage her young body
Ambition is great for young people but it should be their own.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree, I had the feeling with the little 'martial arts' girl who cried when she didn't get pick that she was being 'pushed' by someone.
This was reinforced for me with her final programme which seemed way too complex for her and I thought could actually damage her young body
Ambition is great for young people but it should be their own.
Very true, Meg. 172 titles at age nine??? Sounds more like parental ambition to me. I felt sad that I got the impression that they were using their daughter to try to make some money for themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

I agree entirely, well not that young anyway. They either can't cope with all the fuss of winning, or the downfall of losing - as we saw when she cried the previous week.

I also agree, the welsh choir sounded beautiful.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 02:14 PM

My husband was waiting to see this act again Spitfire, had to tell him that he had not got through, it was a shame as he made me laugh.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 02:19 PM

I haven't seen the end of BGT yet but obviously I know who has won and I was very pleased that the dog won, she is a brilliant trainer.

I hope the little martial arts girl didn't cry again like last week, it is a shame if someone has told her she could win the programme she would believe them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top