Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Re: Pain Relief

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
One thing I will say Pats, laughter 'helps' - takes yer mind off for a while, so I'll grab a laugh where I can - inside me - different story ......
Certainly agree with that one pats, without laughter many of us would have given up years ago I think. Pain and shaking problems causes us many a laugh here if it didn't well we would either be crying or dead by now.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 03:44 PM

One thing I will say Pats, laughter 'helps' - takes yer mind off for a while, so I'll grab a laugh where I can - inside me - different story ......
Indeed it does Pats CG, laughter is great therapy...
Inside?....yes I know that feeling also .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Have you been grinding your teeth in your sleep? That causes all sorts of problems with your teeth & jaw especially & can give you headaches?
I'm glad I make you laugh, Pats (CG)!
Pats, do you know why,when you have an op, they ask how many pillows you use to sleep?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 10:29 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone
There was a chance someone may have stumbled on something out there, that I had not yet tried.....
Anyway, wont go on about it, slightly better today - thanks again
Yes Mups - I seem to have a phobia regarding drugs

Know precisely what you mean Pats CG.
I do hope you manage to feel a bit better soon.
Perhaps doctors should delve into why so many of their patients are afraid of talking to them, and why so many times a prescription is written before a diagnosis is made. Several times in the last 2 years, I have been put on drugs by GP's only to be told later by consultants that I shouldn't have had them!
I was not at all pleased with two professionals arguing about treatment while I was left "pig in the middle".
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 09:53 AM

Agree Mups ......
No Twiz - its a severe problem I have with the ears, a birth defect ....
This in turn causes horrible symptoms elsewhere, head - jaw - teeth ...
Thanks x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 10:01 AM

Was chatting to a friend last night she is finding relief from her painful shoulder and neck with some stuff she got from the Chinese herbalist in town. I wonder if you have one near you perhaps that may be something to try.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Perhaps doctors should delve into why so many of their patients are afraid of talking to them, and why so many times a prescription is written before a diagnosis is made. Several times in the last 2 years, I have been put on drugs by GP's only to be told later by consultants that I shouldn't have had them!
Couldn't agree more. My wife, who suffers constant debilitating pain from osteo-arthritis and various other conditions was recently offered a particular drug to deal with panic attacks she has been having (largely as a result of the fact that her trusted GP has left the practice and the new GP is always in a hurry and whose main concern is to save money for the practice - her first action was to move all her patients from "expensive" drugs to cheaper versions). Anyway, when we looked up this particular drug there were several serious contra-indications as to why it was totally unsuitable for my wife's condition and should never even have been considered. Not only should it never have been suggested for someone suffering from some of the illnesses my wife has (and its use would have been very dangerous) but it would also have clashed disastrously with several of the medications she is already taking.
I do worry what might have happened if we had not been intelligent people with the "nouse" to do our own investigation. "Doctor knows best" is not always the best advice!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 10:29 AM

When I was a little girl I used to get terrible earache and pains in my face. Of course I couldn't be given strong painkillers only Angiers junior aspirin (which tasted of oranges) .

A hot water bottle wrapped in a towel used to help a lot not so much to remove the pain but I found it soothing and it helped me to sleep.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 01:00 PM

You are so right Mick - I do the same, hence the reason I dont take drugs, except for Verigo - no choice there ......
Which is why I just tolerate, with the use of my Tens machine, paracetemol and Arnica .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-10-2013, 01:11 PM

We did have a Chinese clinic here - shut down, improper practise ....
But, it has given me an idea as I used to be in touch with a well renowned herbalist, so will look him up by Email ......

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top