Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2013, 10:25 PM

Re: Working Men's Clubs

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Does (did) the Working Men's Club syndrome mirror mainstream life?, or was it just a portrayal of the antics of an unrepresentative section of society, there seemed to be an unwritten code at play ( in my unqualified estimation).
THere's a contradiction in terms here. MOst of the blokes I came across in more recent times frequenting the few remaIning WMC, hadn't worked for years, & on benefits or skiving, or sick, retired or drunks.

BUt it was the NO SMOKING rule which dealt the death blow to these last few.
Tesco &tc by selling good beer for 50p a pint was the equivalent of a mad CAesar pointing his thumb downwards on the luckless losing gladiators.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2013, 10:57 PM

Re: Working Men's Clubs

Robert. the WMC was always my last resort after all the boozers where the birds were had closed, how sad is that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top