Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Re: Water rates

Everyone on the Isle of Wight has a water meter - some experiment back in 1989. I pay £20 per month to Southern Water, but I also make sure to take occasional meter readings and keep records on my computer, which gives me an early warning of any leaks on my side of the meter!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
That's disgusting

Especially as you rarely wash anything
Nice.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Everyone on the Isle of Wight has a water meter - some experiment back in 1989. I pay £20 per month to Southern Water, but I also make sure to take occasional meter readings and keep records on my computer, which gives me an early warning of any leaks on my side of the meter!
Tip.... to find if you have a leak make sure all taps are turned off and see if the meter pointer is moving.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:13 PM

Well, since my last posts on here, I have to tell you all that my monthly payments have risen to £60 !!!

Phoned the water company and they reckon that's correct ...
I have paid the outstanding balance and they are reducing my payments to £38 per month.

This is ludicrous. I shower, rarely use the washing machine and I don't even have a dishwasher !
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Aberdeenshire water rates are set by Scottish Water.
We pay a single bill for council tax, water, sewage etc...... of this £169 is for unmetered water. Sewage, waste water etc... is £196 pa.

Overall, we pay a lot less here for a bigger house than the one we had in Hampshire.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Well, since my last posts on here, I have to tell you all that my monthly payments have risen to £60 !!!

Phoned the water company and they reckon that's correct ...
I have paid the outstanding balance and they are reducing my payments to £38 per month.

This is ludicrous. I shower, rarely use the washing machine and I don't even have a dishwasher !
If you check your bills and/or the water company's website, you can easily see how their charges are calculated. Make up a spreadsheet to do the calculations for you, then start taking meter readings every week/month and see where the water is going.............
toyboyroy
South Wales
toyboyroy is male  toyboyroy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:04 PM

I am with Welsh Water, and I pay £40 per month.

Thought about going on a meter once but at the time I had a watering system for my hanging baskets and borders, I haven`t thought about it since.

Roy
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:32 PM

Up until two months ago I was paying Southern Water £36 a month then the meter became compulsory in this area. Said meter was fitted and I received my estimated usage bill for the next 12 mnths. This they assessed at £13 per month. I was also £93 in credit. I immediately phoned them and asked for it to be returned to me and it appeared in my bank 5 days later. The first reading of the new meter will be in March of next year and then they will know just how much water we use and will reassess the monthly direct debit.
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by toyboyroy ->
I am with Welsh Water, and I pay £40 per month.

Thought about going on a meter once but at the time I had a watering system for my hanging baskets and borders, I haven`t thought about it since.

Roy
I'm with Welsh Water too on a metered supply. My monthly payments are £16:50 per month. I live on my own but do water tubs & baskets through from Spring to Autumn grow tomatoes etc. Wouldn't like to be paying on the rateable value of my house
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:36 PM

I think the vast majority of my water usage is during the summer months when I frequently water my very large garden. I now have 6 very big butts..no comments please!!.. attached to various downpipes around the bungalow so they hopefully will suffice for most of the summer.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top