Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Re: Kindness

How very true .
Good thread Mups
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:36 AM

No act of kindness however small is ever wasted, it's the same with a smile even if you are feeling down smile and folks smile back.....and wada ya know you start to feel better
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
No act of kindness however small is ever wasted, it's the same with a smile even if you are feeling down smile and folks smile back.....and wada ya know you start to feel better

I have found this to be true as well, summer.
It is like these words:

Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu
When someone smiled at me today I started smiling too
I walked around the corner and someone saw me grin
When he smiled I realised I had passed it on to him
I thought about that smile and then realised its worth
A single smile like mine could travel round the earth
So if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected
Lets start an epidemic and get the world infected
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:44 AM

That's lovely Mups, and so true !
Vega
Europe
Vega is female  Vega has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:49 AM

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
- Dalai Lama

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Featured-Extreme-Kindness.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	3244  
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:15 AM

I was shown kindness this week by strangers . My 6ft fencing started to fall down as a post had rotted , panel by panel it separated , my neighbours were away and I rang five phone numbers of handymen and workmen , no one replied . I managed to shore it up with old posts but it was getting worse . I belong to a website called Nextdoor (was streetlife) . I posted in a bit of a panic on the local site asking for help . I received a message 20 mins later from a lady saying she and hubby would come round . An hour later they arrived . The very next day her husband replaced the rotted post and fixed up all the panels and did a wonderful job . Of course I insisted on paying him and gave a bottle of wine .

Now that's kindness isn't it . Had they not helped I'd still be struggling as none of the people I rang have replied
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Kindness.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
It would be lovely to believe this, but my experience in life - especially of the third one leads me to think otherwise. Many people seem to resent kindness and generosity, and although grateful at the time, later come to resent and despise your kindness. As Jim Morrison sang, "People are strange"

That does not mean that people shouldn't be kind, simply that kindness should be an aim in itself and not done for reward, gratitude, love, affection or respect. As Garth Brooks wrote:

One hand
Reaches out
And pulls a lost soul from harm
While a thousand more go unspoken for
They say what good have you done
By saving just this one
It's like whispering a prayer
In the fury of a storm

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

This heart
Still believes
The love and mercy still exist
While all the hatred rage and so many say
That love is all but pointless in madness such as this
It's like trying to stop a fire
With the moisture from a kiss

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I used to have confidence but its taken a lot of blows and got seriously damaged, and I have got something really big I need to do which I cannot seem to start as to me it looks a massive task.
I find it helps to break big projects into manageable chunks and just immerse into it without thinking of the end result. When I used to run long distance I always felt more tired when I started thinking of the finish line. Go with the flow and it's enjoyable. Here's another Lao Tzu quote :

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:56 AM

The nicest thing anyone ever said about me was that I am kind, I overheard a neighbour say it and it made me feel ten feet tall!

Talking about tasks overwhelming you, I went to a group about CFS earlier this year, they focused a lot on "pacing".
It involves doing a little at a time and limiting the time you spend on stuff.
I can't explain it very well, but, for some things it doesn't work, ie. If I go shopping I tend to do all the things I need to do on the way or way back so I don't have to go out again.
However, my wool and fabric hoard was chachaotic, so I sorted a little at a time until it was sorted out.
However, now my garden is plagued with weeds from the abandoned house nextdoor and everytime I start doing anything it get too much, physically for members so I get upset and fed up, I haven't even sat outside this year because of it. It's usually my favourite hobby, gardening.
I'm having to get some help, I hope the lady who I've asked knows a plant from a weed!
...and is kind
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I find it helps to break big projects into manageable chunks and just immerse into it without thinking of the end result. When I used to run long distance I always felt more tired when I started thinking of the finish line. Go with the flow and it's enjoyable. Here's another Lao Tzu quote :

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"

I like that one Annie! We all aim for targets, yet every step we take towards that target is an achievement.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top