Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:01 PM

Re: Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
On reflection maybe that was a bit petty of me to wish her a horrible birthday. But like many others, I have obeyed the rules to the letter and not had holidays, not seen my kids since last March, had lockdown birthdays all year, and it just makes me so fed up that celebrities can go swanning around doing what they like, with a quick "oops sorry!" thrown over their shoulder.
Me too .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:23 PM

I wouldn't criticise anyone for answering the call of an elderly parent in distress during lockdown .
Under the C19 rules you can leave home ...
to provide care for disabled or vulnerable people
to provide emergency assistance

...so I would also break the self isolation I have been in since last February if my family needed help.

The media are frequently full of spiteful comments , they don't know the full facts so make some up
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wouldn't criticise anyone for answering the call of an elderly parent in distress during lockdown .

...so I would also break the self isolation I have been in since last February if my family needed help.

The media are frequently full of spiteful comments , they don't know the full facts so make some up
Hi

Well said, the voice of reason once again.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Let me guess, this is going to be another 'Dominic Cummings' situation. In his defence he said he drove up to his parents because there was absolutely no one who lived near him who he could call on for help. I have no doubt Amanda Holden will do the same. She says her father was in distress thus she dashed up on the day that happened to be her birthday, to see him. Is she going to say that there was absolutely no one who lives near her parents that she could call on for help and thus she was the only one who could help?

Cummings said his trip was for childcare reasons because no one close to where they lived could have helped looked after the children. This turned out to be a lie because both he and his wife had relatives who lived nearby they could have called upon to help look after the children whilst they both self isolated from the virus (his wife was positive at the time).

Holden said she dashed to her parents because she said her father was in distress.

Both people were caught breaking lockdown rules and as such both have come up with excuses for breaking lockdown rules. Cummings was never prosecuted and I doubt Holden will too.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:00 PM

AFAK, none of the facts has been "made up" ..... but Holden's agent has not been very forthcoming about what he meant by "distressing phone call", "emergency", "necessary to contain the matter" and "very personal situation has now been aided" .....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Would you be of the same opinion if the super rich used those reasons to get in their private jets and travel up and down the UK to visit their relatives who rang them to say they were in 'distress'?
Dodge
Kent, UK

14-02-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
AFAK, none of the facts has been "made up" ..... but Holden's agent has not been very forthcoming about what he meant by "distressing phone call", "emergency" and "very personal situation has now been aided" .....
It's obvious what they are doing. They are stalling so they can find the right excuse that would justify the trip. There are thousands of elderly and vulnerable people who live alone or live too far away from relatives and the government has always stipulated that these people will be helped when need be. There are local charities and other help groups that can be called upon, the local council provide numbers than people can call if they need help or are in 'distress', the local church can also be called upon to help, so can neighbours. Therefore, for Holden to make the journey she would have to come up with a reason that meant none of the above could help, only her, hence the stalling tactics.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Cummings was never prosecuted and I doubt Holden will too.
That is probably because fortunately even prosecutors have retained at least a bit of common sense.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with Art.

I can't understand all this hatefulness towards Amanda Holden!!
Agreed wholeheartedly.
And that's from somebody that really doesn't like the woman very much.

It's not just against Holden though, it's against absolutely anybody and anything they don't like; it's as if there is so much hatred bottled up that it has to seep from every pore at the slightest hint of an opportunity.

Too many people can't just dislike or even disagree any more.
No, it has to be pure hatred with absolutely no compromise in any circumstance regardless of truth or fact.
What a sad society we find ourselves in when such irrational animosity has become the norm.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:32 PM

Can l just add it wasn’t Amanda Holden’s Birthday on that day. Her birthday is not until Tuesday 16th February.
Dodge
Kent, UK

14-02-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That is probably because fortunately even prosecutors have retained at least a bit of common sense.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
And that's from somebody that really doesn't like the woman very much.

It's not just against Holden though, it's against absolutely anybody and anything they don't like; it's as if there is so much hatred bottled up that it has to seep from every pore at the slightest hint of an opportunity.

Too many people can't just dislike or even disagree any more.
No, it has to be pure hatred with absolutely no compromise in any circumstance regardless of truth or fact.
What a sad society we find ourselves in when such irrational animosity has become the norm.
What you and others have failed to understand is the specifics of the situation. Holden is well known for celebrating her birthday with her family. Past years she has splashed social media with images of her birthday gatherings. All during the lockdowns, not once has her parents rang her to say they are in distress because if they had done so, the media would have noticed and reported her driving up to her parents. On the day of her birthday, her father rings to say he is in 'distress', something he has not done before. So, the day of all days to be in distress, it just so happens to be on her birthday and the distress is of such a specific nature that only she can deal with.

All Holden had to do is given a honest and legitimate reason as to what the 'distress' is and the majority would not have a problem with it because they know family comes first BUT all she has done is give avoidance responses as to why she drove to her parents on her birthday.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top