Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Re: A&E Being Misused?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So they weren't chatting about what they were doing over the weekend, asking each other for lifts and who was drinking and who not and laughing about last weekend when they were all 3 sheets to the wind ? odd that was what we were listening to as we waited.
I have no idea I wasn't there to hear them...I can only take your word for that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Indeed and I can understand you trying to protect your profession but you have to understand even if you are best nurse in the world many fall below your standards and hospitals and GPs etc are all very different.

We have one hospital none of us will willingly go to, as going in with a broken ankle and coming out dead, going in and not being told you have cancer until it is inoperable and going in reasonably coherent and not being fed or having access to water for 5 days leaves you incoherent and vulnerable just does not seem a safe place to be.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:31 PM

So they weren't chatting about what they were doing over the weekend, asking each other for lifts and who was drinking and who not and laughing about last weekend when they were all 3 sheets to the wind ? odd that was what we were listening to as we waited.
Thats bought back a rotten memory - I was having an endoscopy, a male and female in attendance. I was horrified at the thought of this procedure and inside was turmoil, while the exam was going on, they were discussing Eastenders and I couldn't say a word, like hey could you consider me ! I'm about to pass out ! I will 'never' go through that again !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Indeed and I can understand you trying to protect your profession but you have to understand even if you are best nurse in the world many fall below your standards and hospitals and GPs etc are all very different
I do know that all is not perfect, and I also know that your dismissal of the health service as a whole is well documented on here.

We have one hospital none of us will willingly go to, as going in with a broken ankle and coming out dead, going in and not being told you have cancer until it is inoperable and going in reasonably coherent and not being fed or having access to water for 5 days leaves you incoherent and vulnerable just does not seem a safe place to be.
I would never defend the indefensible.
Pats
Lincolnshire

07-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Thats bought back a rotten memory - I was having an endoscopy, a male and female in attendance. I was horrified at the thought of this procedure and inside was turmoil, while the exam was going on, they were discussing Eastenders and I couldn't say a word, like hey could you consider me ! I'm about to pass out ! I will 'never' go through that again !
So did you lodge an official complaint?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:41 PM

No - just told the 2 in question what I thought of them - good enough for me .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Would anyone lodge an official complaint if they knew they could be back in the hands of the people they have complained about in the future ? And having lodged official complaints when a family member died I cannot discourage people enough from doing it, the stress and lies the health authority put us through was disgraceful.

My dismissal of the health services as a whole ? news for me I have nothing but praise for some areas, couldn't fault some people within it and have fund raised for one department for years.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Would anyone lodge an official complaint if they knew they could be back in the hands of the people they have complained about in the future ? And having lodged official complaints when a family member died I cannot discourage people enough from doing it, the stress and lies the health authority put us through was disgraceful.

My dismissal of the health services as a whole ? news for me I have nothing but praise for some areas, couldn't fault some people within it and have fund raised for one department for years.
Agree - I do tell my doctor though - who understands only too well how 'terse' consultants can be ......No - not 'all' Pats
Pats
Lincolnshire

07-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Agree - I do tell my doctor though - who understands only too well how 'terse' consultants can be ......No - not 'all' Pats
I agree with you, some Consultants can be more than 'terse'
Pats
Lincolnshire

07-09-2013, 03:58 PM

My apologies...I must have missed those positives, I have only seen negatives.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top