Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Re: Acer Kaput !

Ah sorry to hear that Patsy, not to worry you'll soon get used to the new one.
Pats has a good point there, my desktop mac, the one I use most started making funny noises last week, like the fan was running but not as loud, I opened it up and vacuumed out the dust and the noise stopped. About an hour later it started again, I opened it and discovered I had missed under a box that held the two fans, the dust was unbelievable, it was blocking up all the air holes in the grids so I gave it a good cleaning and everything is running along nice and quietly now. How does so much dust get into it when it's all closed in.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah sorry to hear that Patsy, not to worry you'll soon get used to the new one.
Pats has a good point there, my desktop mac, the one I use most started making funny noises last week, like the fan was running but not as loud, I opened it up and vacuumed out the dust and the noise stopped. About an hour later it started again, I opened it and discovered I had missed under a box that held the two fans, the dust was unbelievable, it was blocking up all the air holes in the grids so I gave it a good cleaning and everything is running along nice and quietly now. How does so much dust get into it when it's all closed in.
Mine wasn't helped by my Cockatiel Bella running all over my keyboard....I blamed her for the dust build up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Thanks Jem and Pats, very useful to know ...
At the time is was a 2 dull clicks at regular intervals and it just would not start up - anyway here I am on the HP, miss my Acer and Vista even more now.
When I scroll down to view posts - I get a light flash with each scroll down.

When I try to google a place, I only get a 'few' suggestions so will have to use an alternative now .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thanks Jem and Pats, very useful to know ...
At the time is was a 2 dull clicks at regular intervals and it just would not start up - anyway here I am on the HP, miss my Acer and Vista even more now.
When I scroll down to view posts - I get a light flash with each scroll down.

When I try to google a place, I only get a 'few' suggestions so will have to use an alternative now .....
That isn't a windows 8 problem patsy not sure what is causing it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:53 AM

We are perplexed too ....
Well I will have to put up with it ..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:54 AM

I think I would be seeking advice as it could be a fault
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Yes, after lunch, will check the helpline ....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top