Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Re: Limits

Hang on I'll ask the missus .
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No.
Seconded.

If there was a limit to what we could achieve, then we would not be doing most of the things we do today.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Seconded.

If there was a limit to what we could achieve, then we would not be doing most of the things we do today.
Good answer
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Seconded.

Agree.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:26 PM

I've never been ambitious workwise, so I have to say it's contentment for me. That is my ultimate achievement. To be content. For the most extent, I am.
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:37 PM

I'm sorry to disagree, but of course there are limits to what we can achieve. Physical limits - I could never be a ballet dancer; practical limits - I will never get to Mars, although someone doubtless will one day; and, among others, financial limits - I will never be able to afford the ultimate luxuries, not that I would want to.
In response to the gist of Spitfire's question, yes there are limits there too, because you are dealing with other people who will themselves impose limits on your achievement. If they choose to go against your advice, or to impose their own constraints on your activities then your ability to achieve is limited.
My own life experience has shown me how frustrating it can be to work with people with personal agendas that may have little to do with corporate success.
So, for me, yes there are limits everywhere.
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:39 PM

Alice, I've always believed that those who are happy in their work are the ones who have achieved the most.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:59 PM

We all have limits but that does not mean we have yet reached our own personal and achievable goals.

I join a gym tomorrow and that guitar sitting in another room will get tuned and played. I will never be Mr universe nor play like Jimmy Page. I can however improve my fitness and perhaps play three or four chords.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
Alice, I've always believed that those who are happy in their work are the ones who have achieved the most.
Yes, I would say so.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
I'm sorry to disagree, but of course there are limits to what we can achieve. Physical limits - I could never be a ballet dancer; practical limits - I will never get to Mars, although someone doubtless will one day; and, among others, financial limits - I will never be able to afford the ultimate luxuries, not that I would want to.
In response to the gist of Spitfire's question, yes there are limits there too, because you are dealing with other people who will themselves impose limits on your achievement. If they choose to go against your advice, or to impose their own constraints on your activities then your ability to achieve is limited.
My own life experience has shown me how frustrating it can be to work with people with personal agendas that may have little to do with corporate success.
So, for me, yes there are limits everywhere.
Yes, what I have learnt is, you know yourself when you are the best at what you do, doesn't matter what you do, just make sure you are the best, then backslapping is not necessary, and make sure you are still standing, whilst others need to sit. Imo.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top