Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 06:42 AM

Re: The Mating Game

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did you mean for blokes or dogs Cass?
Well....if you want a peaceful life
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What a Palava, knowing what you know now, would you get involved again?
I'd suffer my ex all over again, gladly, just to have my three lovely sons and my two grandsons. She was a pain in the backside but I couldn't do without my bonny lads, so...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:00 PM

Now there's an interesting sub-topic "getting back with the ex again" but knowing what you know now and seeing how you yourself have changed. there is no doubt that separation from spouses does bring trauma and loss particularly were children are involved. Would you want to do it?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 07:43 AM

It broke my heart to divorce at the age of 52 . Yet 13 years on I recognise I did the right thing . I'm a different person now , and had I stayed in the marriage I would not have done the things I've done . I've travelled , backpacked to Thailand , been to Australia, New York, Egypt , my ex was not interested in anything outside his comfort zone sadly . I've found out who I am . I've learned to live alone , it's been tough at times , still is , but I'm glad that I found the courage to leave , and would never go backwards
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What a Palava, knowing what you know now, would you get involved again?

I wonder now what all the fuss was about, the strength of feeling and spending all your time thinking about what it would be like if you were even asked out by the boy you fancied.
All the heartache and longing and daydreaming.
Later People can end up having affairs and causing all kinds of heart ache because their hormones tell them they can't live without the person they are attracted to.

It was only when I got to middle age that I realised to what extent it's your hormones doing their job in order to get you to reproduce.
It's very nice to be free of those hormones and now people of the opposite sex are friends full stop.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
It broke my heart to divorce at the age of 52 . Yet 13 years on I recognise I did the right thing . I'm a different person now , and had I stayed in the marriage I would not have done the things I've done . I've travelled , backpacked to Thailand , been to Australia, New York, Egypt , my ex was not interested in anything outside his comfort zone sadly . I've found out who I am . I've learned to live alone , it's been tough at times , still is , but I'm glad that I found the courage to leave , and would never go backwards
a nice good luck story susan m I enjoyed the sincerity and confiction of your words!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I know exactly what you mean Susan. I was the same, broken hearted, but I'm happier now and have done so much more. Life goes on.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Wishing you many happy years together Suzi
Aw thanks Patsy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top