Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 09:50 PM

Re: Happy St George's Day.

A St Georgeīs day photo from Spain. Actually itīs the bar/restaurant at the bottom of the hill and across the road from us. I took the photo from the solarium. The celebrations there went on all day so Iīm told (I have been out most of the day), but early evening there was a brass band playing, very nice it was too.

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 11:20 PM

Well I can't say I celebrated St. George's Day, but as it's also my birthday I am currently enjoying a little tipple. And it has been a glorious summer-like day. Cheers, St. George!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 09:25 AM

I can't say I actually celebrate St-George's Day but I do remember it every year.

At work we had the flag on the pole as usual and also in the front windows of the building.

What does annoy me the s the amount of England-born people claiming to be Irish or Scottish on St Andrew's and St Patrick's Days when the link is tenuous at best!

It's just an excuse to go drinking most of the time!

I have the right apparently to wear a tartan but I'm not a true Scot so I don't pretend to be something I am not.

I often wonder what would happen if we had an independent Scotland and they had a military squabble with someone and needed manpower - how many of those armchair Scots would flock to their aid d'you think?! stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 12:26 AM

Excitement plus for St George

ANZAC Day 2015

SIX games in a row!

Inspite of a 27 minute break because of hail and lightning the Dragons came home with another win.

How is that for a storm?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top