Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:41 AM

Re: Menopause and depression.

Wifey had a hysterectomy 20 years ago
but the PMT and mood-swings continue unabated
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzie Jones ->
Where are you getting your information from because I just burst out laughing.
Indeed one of the things my menopause has brought me is arthritis apparently quite common for women's bones to crumble during this time. I doubt I'll ever be pain free again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Wifey had a hysterectomy 20 years ago
but the PMT and mood-swings continue unabated
Living with a man can cause that too Pummy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
No need for contraception, no more periods, no more pain and discomfort.

It is liberation, your man can make love to you every day of the month.
I couldn't help read this and think about the Monty Python sketch in The Meaning Of Life (Catholics and Protestants). Very funny. Here's the script for a giggle:

MR. HARRY BLACKITT: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.

MRS. BLACKITT: What are we dear?

MR. BLACKITT: Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.

MRS. BLACKITT: Hmm. Well, why do they have so many children?

MR. BLACKITT: Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.

MRS. BLACKITT: But it's the same with us, Harry.

MR. BLACKITT: What do you mean?

MRS. BLACKITT: Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice.

MR. BLACKITT: That's not the point. We could have it any time we wanted.

MRS. BLACKITT: Really?

MR. BLACKITT: Oh, yes, and, what's more, because we don't believe in all that Papist claptrap, we can take precautions.

MRS. BLACKITT: What, you mean... lock the door?

MR. BLACKITT: No, no. I mean, because we are members of the Protestant Reformed Church, which successfully challenged the autocratic power of the Papacy in the mid- sixteenth century, we can wear little rubber devices to prevent issue.

MRS. BLACKITT: What d'you mean?

MR. BLACKITT: I could, if I wanted, have sexual intercourse with you,...

MRS. BLACKITT: Oh, yes, Harry.

MR. BLACKITT: ...and, by wearing a rubber sheath over my old feller, I could insure... that, when I came off, you would not be impregnated.

MRS. BLACKITT: Ooh!

MR. BLACKITT: That's what being a Protestant's all about. That's why it's the church for me. That's why it's the church for anyone who respects the individual and the individual's right to decide for him or herself. When Martin Luther nailed his protest up to the church door in fifteen- seventeen, he may not have realised the full significance of what he was doing, but four hundred years later, thanks to him, my dear, I can wear whatever I want on my John Thomas,... [sniff] ...and, Protestantism doesn't stop at the simple condom! Oh, no! I can wear French Ticklers if I want.

MRS. BLACKITT: You what?

MR. BLACKITT: French Ticklers. Black Mambos. Crocodile Ribs. Sheaths that are designed not only to protect, but also to enhance the stimulation of sexual congress.

MRS. BLACKITT: Have you got one?

MR. BLACKITT: Have I got one? Uh, well, no, but I can go down the road any time I want and walk into Harry's and hold my head up high and say in a loud, steady voice, 'Harry, I want you to sell me a condom. In fact, today, I think I'll have a French Tickler, for I am a Protestant.'

MRS. BLACKITT: Well, why don't you?

Clip available on Youtube most likely if you want the full effect
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-08-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry to hear that Julie. I can however help. You'd be surprised what some of us blokes know about.

You need to buy some Shepherd's Purse tincture. It's widely available from most good herbal remedy suppliers.

My wife went through a bout of heavy flooding some years ago, once right in the middle of a cruise which would have been awful, but I gave her Shepherd's Purse tincture and the flooding stopped pretty much immediately.

"Shepherd's purse is one of the important herbs to stop bleeding an effect due to the tyramine and other amines it contains. This property leads to its use is a number of conditions such as heavy menstrual bleeding, nosebleeds, and as a post-partum herb. The herb is both a vasodilator, and also hastens coagulation and constrict blood vessels.
Shepherd's purse contains a protein that acts in the same way in the body as the hormone oxytocin, constricting the smooth muscles that support and surround blood vessels, especially those in the uterus. Other chemicals in the herb may accelerate clotting. Still other compounds in the herb help the uterus contact, explaining the long-time use of the herb to help the womb return to normal size after childbirth

It's natural, it works, nuff said.

It works ! Thank you realist it really does work !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It works ! Thank you realist it really does work !
Of course it does my dear, otherwise I would not have recommended it to you

I know how debilitating the condition is so it should be an immense boon to be able to control it so easily with just a simple bit of help from Nature herself.

I'm very happy you tried it.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Alternative 'medications' as with prescribed medications can have side effects and cause an adverse interaction with other medications you may already be taking.

It is always advisable to check before taking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-08-2016, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Alternative 'medications' as with prescribed medications can have side effects and cause an adverse interaction with other medications you may already be taking.

It is always advisable to check before taking.
That's True and I did check with the pharmacist pats but always good to remind us.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry to hear that Julie. I can however help. You'd be surprised what some of us blokes know about.

You need to buy some Shepherd's Purse tincture. It's widely available from most good herbal remedy suppliers.

My wife went through a bout of heavy flooding some years ago, once right in the middle of a cruise which would have been awful, but I gave her Shepherd's Purse tincture and the flooding stopped pretty much immediately.

"Shepherd's purse is one of the important herbs to stop bleeding an effect due to the tyramine and other amines it contains. This property leads to its use is a number of conditions such as heavy menstrual bleeding, nosebleeds, and as a post-partum herb. The herb is both a vasodilator, and also hastens coagulation and constrict blood vessels.
Shepherd's purse contains a protein that acts in the same way in the body as the hormone oxytocin, constricting the smooth muscles that support and surround blood vessels, especially those in the uterus. Other chemicals in the herb may accelerate clotting. Still other compounds in the herb help the uterus contact, explaining the long-time use of the herb to help the womb return to normal size after childbirth

It's natural, it works, nuff said.
Is that a potential risk for those with vascular problems ?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top