Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Re: Jacob Rees Mogg

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I did sort of say that Barry .
I understand that Muds, just adding a little detail...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
He doesn't own it OGF, just more fake news on the internet. It is currently owned by the Wentworth Woodhouse trust, although I believe it was the ancestral home of his mother in law, hence the connection.
Thanks for that Barry, I suppose these large properties are too costly to upkeep even for the wealthy Etonians and trusts are the only way to ensure they don't fall into disrepair. I love visiting some of these large stately homes, and may I just add that some of them have quite decent restaurants.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:29 AM

I see Jacob Rees Hogg and his wife have just had their sixth child, a boy, Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher.

I love the names!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I see Jacob Rees Hogg and his wife have just had their sixth child, a boy, Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher.

I love the names!!
I think that's very logical to name children after their numerical order. I'd have been Primus. Sounds good!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that's very logical to name children after their numerical order. I'd have been Primus. Sounds good!
You could have been Friday - one look and your parents thought they'd better call it a day.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You could have been Friday - one look and your parents thought they'd better call it a day.

I suppose they could have called me Sunday. Apparently, I was born at 2am on Sunday 3rd August 1952.

A convenient time? I suppose my mother wouldn't have thought so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If my laptop is damaged now after spitting apple all over it after reading your reply Judd, I will send you the bill....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 08:46 AM

JRM was on question time last night and I thought he gave excellent replies.

I think he would make a good Tory leader .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-07-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
JRM was on question time last night and I thought he gave excellent replies.

I think he would make a good Tory leader .
Yes indeed. Unlike most of the 'guests', he sits quietly, refuses to interrupt and did you listen to the audience? Whenever he spoke, despite the undoubtedly left wing majority in the audience, everyone listened quietly to what he had to say.

That's because he speaks so well, without any need for shouting or hyperbole, and says some very sensible things.

Whenever he spoke, he was rewarded by loud applause.

Yes, he has a 'posh' voice, which some people these days feel able to deride, but he is our best politician by far in my opinion.

It's a shame that he appears to have no wish to become PM, because if he did this country would blossom and, quite possibly, people on both sides of the 'great divide' might give him their support.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:39 AM

More than many other MP's, he seems to actually answer the questions asked, and his responses always sound as though he has given it much thought and reflection.

I remember once listening to him reply to a question which had four distinct elements. He answered in detail each four points, repeating the subject of each of the elements as he went through them in a calm and measured manner. That is no mean feat. Heck, I can't even manage to remember a list of four things which my wife wants me to buy when I go shopping!

When one listens to Boris on that radio 4 interview with Eddy Mair, he couldn't even answer each question one at a time. And yet, like it or not, Boris is extremely clever and highly educated and writes well. But he comes across as a buffoon whereas Rees Mogg comes across far better.

Weird, eh?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top