Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 12:50 PM

Re: Diana 7 days

Her children aren't screwed up .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Her children aren't screwed up .
If you say so....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 12:56 PM

She was a wonderful mother. William was saying how he can still feel her love because she gave him so much when she was alive. She did a lot for her country and being in the public eye was part of her role. Global ambassador, massive boost for the tourist industry, huge amount for charities, etc. Real star quality. I wasn't obsessed with Di when she was alive nor did I have a big interest in the monarchy, but when she died I felt like a light went out in this country.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Good post Annie !
They have done their mother proud they are a credit to her .
I am not a monarchist and really don't have much time for them but one had to admire how Diana took them on at their own game and beat them hands down .
And is still doing it today.
She simply out classed them .
Shaking hands ( no gloves ) with an aids patient did much to dispel the fear of AIDS.
The rest of the royals with their gloves give the impression they don't want to be contaminated by the hoi polloi
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Ye gods will we never hear the end of this awful woman, who paraded herself around the world in front of the international media having affairs with anyone who would have her? And they now for some reason call her a good mother, would you do that to your children? No wonder her kids are screwed up.....
Come on Baz, who would you rather wake up to..Diane or a woman who looks like a soup sandwich ?
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 02:01 PM

What strange posts. Certainly shows some true colours.
I personally think that Princess Diana was shamefully treated. Oh yes, she milked the press when it was necessary for publicity for her various 'projects', then she pushed them away as much as she could to try to get a little privacy. You can't blame her for that - there is a limit to a person's patience when one is constantly in the public eye.

Those who didn't see the programme should try to see it, regardless of a possible loathing of the good-looking young lady. It did reveal certain unknown aspects of a very tragic occurrence. I, for one, did not understand why the Queen took such a time to show that she actually cared about how her nation felt about this tragedy. She was a grandmother first, and the need was with her grandsons at Balmoral. The Queen knew there would be much publicity and front page headlines - she shielded the boys as much as she could by forbidding newspapers and I believe she wouldn't let the boys watch TV. They needed to try to come to terms with the dreadful tragedy that unfolded in front of them.

Yes those of you who had no liking for Princess Diana, should grit your teeth and take a look at "Diana 7 Days" on BBC iPlayer, or wait for a repeat to come around on BBC TV.
I felt it was a well presented documentary.

As for Camilla being far better than Princess Diana - Camilla was the reason for the break up of a marriage. Charles should have been allowed the marriage to Camilla before Camilla found another man. I do blame the Queen for this, she forbade it because Camilla was not aristocracy. But Camilla was obviously the love of Charles' life.

I believe if Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla before he met Lady Diana, the marriage would still be going on and possibly Camilla would have been accepted as a possible queen one day !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
She was a wonderful mother. William was saying how he can still feel her love because she gave him so much when she was alive. She did a lot for her country and being in the public eye was part of her role. Global ambassador, massive boost for the tourist industry, huge amount for charities, etc. Real star quality. I wasn't obsessed with Di when she was alive nor did I have a big interest in the monarchy, but when she died I felt like a light went out in this country.
That woman was a TERRIBLE mother she told her kids it was alright to be naughty as long as they didn't get caught.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Was he forbidden to marry Cami ?
He was of age and but she was known as being a bit fast ( i.e. Not a virgin )
Such antiquated ideas .
No wonder they snapped up poor Diana she was one of the few virgins left in the ranks (her only previous known relationship being with her guinea pig )
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
That woman was a TERRIBLE mother she told her kids it was alright to be naughty as long as they didn't get caught.
In the words of Manuel

You know narr -tink.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Was he forbidden to marry Cami ?
He was of age and but she was known as being a bit fast ( i.e. Not a virgin )
Such antiquated ideas .
No wonder they snapped up poor Diana she was one of the few virgins left in the ranks (her only previous known relationship being with her guinea pig )
Zoophilia? Wow

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top