Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Re: Cheers Mate, Nice One!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So there was l heading towards my bins with a carrier bag full of stuff to put in the recycling bin. It’s after the Christmas holiday, you know the time to relax and lounge about.

I’d just got to the end of my drive when a delivery van drove in. I felt embarrassed, l don’t think l put a comb through my hair today. Not a scrap of make up on my face and l’m dressed in my comfies! Baggy jumper that has been repaired a thousand times as l can’t part with it and a scruffy suede waistcoat on the top to keep my back warm.

‘Hello’ , l said, ‘Excuse my hair’, as l ruffled it trying to look normal!
‘He looked at me and the carrier bag, the bins and said, ‘Do you live here?’
‘Yes, l do, we were expecting a delivery’. He handed me the parcel.
I emptied the bag into the bin and walked back up to the house.
I called my daughter, walked up to her holding the carrier bag and asked, ‘ What do l look like?’

‘Homeless’, she replied!

Thanks a bunch everyone! Remind me, to wear a tiara, diamonds and long white gloves when l next put rubbish in the bin!

So l ask, how do you dress when you’re chilling and relaxing at home
Here I am,it's 8am....at my sons...I let the dogs out,onto the grass,quickly check to see whose about...oh good,no one,so off I go to pick up the dog poo......blow me out walks a neighbour,

What worried me was,I had no bra on.....say no more!...

Love your humour,Art....you tell it as it is....anyway....toodlepip..x
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:22 AM

I shower and get ready for the day before I go downstairs ....on the odd occasion the doorbell rings before my shower and make up etc and I have to answer it.... I just have to hope the poor person at the door survives the shock
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:26 PM

I wont answer the door , I hide , no one but no one is allowed to see me until I have tidied myself up . I often walk around in a bright pink onesie , unwashed , not human , and alien looking .

I go up the stairs , shower , perfume and a splash of mousteriser or make up and hey ho

I'm human looking
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:39 PM

Nowadays, (almost) the first thing I do after getting out of bed is put on some presentable clothing since (almost) invariably, the doorbell will chime - postman, deliveryman, tradesman, etc. - sometimes for me, sometimes for absent neighbours .....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Nowadays, (almost) the first thing I do after getting out of bed is put on some presentable clothing since (almost) invariably, the doorbell will chime - postman, deliveryman, tradesman, etc. - sometimes for me, sometimes for absent neighbours .....
Lippy? ..perfume???
Heels???
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So there was l heading towards my bins with a carrier bag full of stuff to put in the recycling bin. It’s after the Christmas holiday, you know the time to relax and lounge about.

I’d just got to the end of my drive when a delivery van drove in. I felt embarrassed, l don’t think l put a comb through my hair today. Not a scrap of make up on my face and l’m dressed in my comfies! Baggy jumper that has been repaired a thousand times as l can’t part with it and a scruffy suede waistcoat on the top to keep my back warm.

‘Hello’ , l said, ‘Excuse my hair’, as l ruffled it trying to look normal!
‘He looked at me and the carrier bag, the bins and said, ‘Do you live here?’
‘Yes, l do, we were expecting a delivery’. He handed me the parcel.
I emptied the bag into the bin and walked back up to the house.
I called my daughter, walked up to her holding the carrier bag and asked, ‘ What do l look like?’

‘Homeless’, she replied!

Thanks a bunch everyone! Remind me, to wear a tiara, diamonds and long white gloves when l next put rubbish in the bin!

So l ask, how do you dress when you’re chilling and relaxing at home
That made me laugh Art.
I have a dozen pairs of fleece PJ bottoms in plain colours, which I live in when indoors cos they are sooooo comfortable. (patterns a definite no though, according to my granddaughters and nieces). I then pair whatever colour I'm wearing with a zip-up or cowl neck lightweight matching fleece top with a teeshirt underneath. (height of comfort on boobs without having to wear a bra, waist, tum and hips and bottom, yet completely presentable if bumping into anyone!).
Oh and my sheepskin slippers.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Lippy? ..perfume???
Heels???
Not usually ..... but I will make exceptions ......
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Not usually ..... but I will make exceptions ......
Ha!!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-12-2019, 02:36 PM

This is my usual lounging and putting out the bins garb...

Heels, stockings, cashmere skirt, silk blouse, red lipstick, Chanel no.5

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_113539.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	11325  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Joking of course!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top