Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:00 AM

Re: Elections. That time again.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, our votes were posted off a few days ago.
Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Yes, postal votes this time - posted a few days ago.
Postal votes as usual for me, too .....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:02 AM

Not decided which way yet, but I've got to do my bit to get the present useless shower out of our council's inner chamber.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:06 AM

Hi

I am going to waste my vote, I will not be voting for either Labour or Conservative.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:08 AM

Yep......I hope to dislodge the present local labour council who have run the show ever since I can remember, but at the last General Election they were given a bloody nose by losing a couple of seats to the Tory bloke.

We are also voting for a new Mayor, the previous one is also labour and makes our council a closed shop. So I like the look of the independent bloke who promises to open all the community police stations again and stop building so many new houses, among other things.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:59 AM

Too bloody true I'm voting. Have never missed a vote since I was eighteen. The right to vote was hard fought.

As well as the local council, we have the `opportunity` to vote for a West Yorkshire mayor - a needless waste IMO.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Scottish elections are tomorrow as well, and despite reading all their bumph, I find it really difficult to pick one that I connect with. All their key policies focus on for or against independence (basically fighting each other) then a few policies chucked in to appeal to the masses. So no, I won't be voting tomorrow - and to be honest I feel quite sad that I can't have a say because everyone talks BS. Guess I'm going to have to do it myself. Pixie Politics, heh!
And here's me thinking you were a George Galloway girl.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Ugh! Do not sully my name with that oddity, please
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wasnt going to vote this time ?
But thinking about it, as it's only local, lve decided on the independent
candidate.! At least l should be able to actually contact him/her ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Yes we always vote, I would never not vote. If I didn't like any of them then I'd use my vote as a protest and vote for the one with no chance at all of getting in. Use it or you may lose it...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes we always vote, I would never not vote. If I didn't like any of them then I'd use my vote as a protest and vote for the one with no chance at all of getting in. Use it or you may lose it...
This is true, Roxy yes..I might do that instead.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top