Join for free
Page 31 of 33 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 06:45 PM

Re: Scottish Referendum.

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
A promise that'll be instantly forgotten VM, even if the two-faced Conservative Party does get into power.
stevmk2
Er... would that be the same as the two faced Labour Party or the two faced Lib Dems, or maybe the two faced SNP?

You never fail to raise an ironic smile in me Steve when virtually every ill in your world is blamed on the Conservatives, yet it is really, however bad it may be, the only viable party that can enable a way out of the mire for the country unless, that is, you believe the fairy stories of the other parties who say that they would just borrow enough to get us completely out of debt... again..
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Oldbugger, they are not the English government. They are the UK government who sit at Westminster. I and my friends here are all pretty pleased with the result. We were not taken in by Salmond's assurance that everyone else was wrong and it would be alright on the night.

We were people worried about our pensions, our savings and our investments. We're concerned about what currency we would use and how Britains defence would be weakened by the SNP's policy.

The majority have voted 'No', so let's just now get on with uniting Scotland and getting the best deal for everyone.
Oh stop spoiling the thread with common sense posts grumblewaggon.

The people of Scotland have just been pulled back from the brink of hell but they just don't get it. Well the small percentage that voted "Yes" which would have been a far smaller" yes", if "Snake Oil" had played by the rules, but no even a fair vote he had to bend in his favour.

So what now, the "Labour Party" will be history in Scotland so now they will be history in England.

That leaves Conservatives or Conservatives and the motley crews of the SNP, UKIP and The Raving Looney Party. Oh forgot Clegg.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Well what else could this `Southerner` do? Fresh from the villages of Bedfordshire with no money but a smile,a wit and the ability to play a few pub games?

Ah, I used to live in Sharnbrook OG, do you know it? Lovely Bedfordshire village.
I have friends in Melchbourne, Risely and Swineshead too, all very nice villages. Oh - and Thurleigh.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:27 PM

Ooo, Mups, I used to live in Cambridgeshire (a long time ago) so not too far away!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Ooo, Mups, I used to live in Cambridgeshire (a long time ago) so not too far away!

Ooo, I had a friend in West Walton, do you know of it Ania?

Anyway, what you doing here, thought you were away. Do you miss us already?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 02:04 AM

Sharnbrook? Sadly best remembered due to a very nasty teacher who lived there;

And I was an `Eagle`(Bedford Modern School)

If I had the wings of an eagle

If I had the arse of a crow

I`d fly over sharnbrook tomorrow

And shi$ on that barst88d below.

Last heard of having retired from bullying young boys and had taken to being disliked on a certain allotment patch.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, I used to live in Sharnbrook OG, do you know it? Lovely Bedfordshire village.
I have friends in Melchbourne, Risely and Swineshead too, all very nice villages. Oh - and Thurleigh.
i lived in knotting green as a small kid,,was in the fox thurleigh earlier this year,
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Er... would that be the same as the two faced Labour Party or the two faced Lib Dems, or maybe the two faced SNP?
Yes PM!
I commented specifically on Victors Mate's port regarding Michael Gove who is still, as far as I know a CONSERVATIVE MP isn't he?!

It doesn't take a genius to work out where your sympathies lie politically PM.

Mine are not so defined as I have encountered good local politicians from both the Conservative and Labour parties and, locally, I will go for the person who I think is best qualified, regardless of their political persuation but I get the impression from your posts that you world is always tinged with that certain shade of blue! stevmk2
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Yes PM!
I commented specifically on Victors Mate's port regarding Michael Gove who is still, as far as I know a CONSERVATIVE MP isn't he?!

It doesn't take a genius to work out where your sympathies lie politically PM.

Mine are not so defined as I have encountered good local politicians from both the Conservative and Labour parties and, locally, I will go for the person who I think is best qualified, regardless of their political persuation but I get the impression from your posts that you world is always tinged with that certain shade of blue! stevmk2
Steve I heartily recommend ignoring PM it saves getting bogged down in a futile discussion with a man with a closed mind.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 11:31 AM

As long as we are too engrossed in our own hopes & fears to see that those who disagree with us have a set of hopes and fears of their own, as long as we think such people as less than ourselves, and as objects of scorn, and hate.... we will be exactly the dragon we want to slay. We not only are not promoting peace, but have become the war itself,

Peace and love to All here ,x :~)

Page 31 of 33 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top