Join for free
Page 318 of 1676 « First < 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 1318 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 08:15 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

And he's been no end of an Ass since.

I warched 'Invasion of the body snatchers' again last night, I hadn't seen it for ages and I always thought it wasn't a bad science fiction film. The more I think about beings from other planets coming here and taking over our bodies the more plausable it becomes, I mean there is no possible way man can physically travel to the distant planets, the only way to do it is to send our minds /spirits there then just nick the nearest body, no need then to worry about the athmosphere or what they eat because you'll be an instant native.
Only problem with that though is when you return to earth the military will blow the crap out of you before you even try to land, that always seems to be the army's motto in these films 'If you don't understand it, blow it up' We'll have to learn to be more diplomatic if we want to go space traveling in earnest.
When you think about it all we do on this forum is communicate with minds across space, maybe those who say they communicate with spirits ain't as daft as we think, maybe they have found the mental 'app' and are centuries ahead of us, I think all theories should be explored when we know nothing, and when it comes to the great beyond that's exactly what we know regardless of what the experts tell us.
I heard an expert saying on TV recently in a program about the origin of the universe 'Two seconds after the big bang all the gasses expanded and...' Two seconds!!!? now that's what I call a cocky chancer, Who the hell does he think he's kiddin.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:33 PM

It is pertinent, to feel the Bollocks, not to listen to them, in the short term anyway.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:37 PM

aah talkin of which I am reminded of the funny tale from california!!

cadillac people
A man and his wife were driving through country on his way from New York to California. Looking at his fuel gauge, he decided to stop at the next gasoline station and fill up. About 15 minutes later, he spots a Mobil station and pulls over to the high octane pump.

"What can I do for y'all?" asks the attendant. "Fill `er up with high test," replies the driver. While the attendant is filling up the tank, he's looking the car up and down. "What kinda car is this?" he asks. "I never seen one like it before." "Well," responds the driver, his chest swelling up with pride, "this, my boy is a 1999 Cadillac DeVille."

"What all's it got in it?" asks the attendant. "Well," says the driver, "it has everything. It's loaded with power steering, power seats, power sun roof, power mirrors, AM/FM radio with a 10 deck CD player in the trunk with 100 watts per channel, 8 speaker stereo, rack and pinion steering, disk brakes all around, leather interior, digital instrument package, and best of all, a 8.8 liter V12 engine."

"Wow," says the attendant, "that's really something!" "How much do I owe you for the gasoline?" asks the driver. "That'll be $30.17," says the attendant.

The driver pulls out his money clip and peels off a $20 and a $10. He goes into his other pocket and pulls out a handful of change. Mixed up with the change are a few golf tees. "What are those little wooden things?" asks the attendant. "That's what I put my balls on when I drive," says the driver. "Wow," says the attendant, "those Cadillac people think of everything!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:39 PM

talkin of uncles reminds me of me uncle bobbie as we used to call him - a dapper man in his young days -pencil thin muzzie- and sleaked back bryclcreem hair - you didn't mess about with him oh no - his one fault was his stutter and us kids used to be mildly amused at this but quickly became frustrated and avoided any long term conversations with him,

he was a self made man well weren't we all? but was very handy with his hands as my sis would recall years later! but give him anything electrical or mechanical and he had it running in no time. he also used to make lead soldiers and paint them and was I think building up an army for some reason - he had been in the war of course and whenever we kids asked him point blank " uncle bobbie did you kill a german in the war" he would refuse to answer and admonish us and we thought we were doing a very patriot thing!!

one day wandering about Liverpool during the school hols someone said "heh there lead up there on that school roof" in minutes we were up there [little scalliwags] strippin off the lead - which we immediately took around to Uncle bobbie - we were once more admonished - where did we get it from he enquired and NO and do not want anymore!!

he could see he had started an avalanche there!

next serial - when Unce bobbie becomes a self made entrepreneur in the heart of the 'pool!!

sorry RJ but you've been missing for so long as has your uncles so thought I'd throw a few of mine in - hope ya don't mind and by the bye your word is still as sharp as your sword - you've got that young spittie on the run but he does like a good spar [no no not the watery one spittie]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 07:55 AM

Less of the "Young" Gummy, being born Old has a lot going for it, you get the stress out the way, early on, anyway, I don't blame that Jembo, he's just a smooth diamond, if we keep chipping away, I'm sure we'll create some roughness.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-10-2017, 07:58 AM

I like RJ, he is my Darth Vader.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-10-2017, 09:02 AM

RJ is Master Po.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:19 AM

True GENTLEMEN , all of you.

My fake fairy mushroom ring has caused consternation amongst our resident gardeners. The main lawn, which we have a panorasmic view from our lofty apartment window is regularly cut in a particular way to show stripes, very smart too.

Florian & Tristram, apt names for gardeners, (I think they’re an item and remind me of those so popular music hall duos back in the 70’s Hinge & Bracket).
But I digress.
“Honey fungus, I’m sure its Honey Fugus”
They argued & argued about what could have caused this strange manifestation & mowed around the fairy ring, carefully.
More on this as the saga continues, I haven’t mush room for anything else.

WAIT
STOP PRESS
A crowd has gathered, as I type. I can’t hear their conversation but there is a lot of pointing, waving of arms and GOLLY GOSH , a\ fairy has appeared in the centre of the ring.
What have I unleashed?
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:35 AM

Gumbud mentioned my irascible uncle Vivian , I must apologise for not having mentioned his twin brother Evelyn.

Tragically separated at birth and reunited in later years, only to take an intense loathing for each other,, more later
Robert Jnr.
UK

14-10-2017, 09:22 PM

In the absence of anything occuring to me today, I have recorde Samuel Pepys life for inspiration.

Samuel Pepys
Perhaps one of the most famous English diarists, Samuel Pepys began his diary in 1660 when he secured a position as clerk of the acts to the navy board. His words became an insight into London in the 1660s, detailing his jealousies, insecurities and his relationship with his wife and the other women he pursued.
With his fondness for wine and plays and his passion for music, the diaries detail his day-to-day life across a period full of historic events, including the Great Fire of London and the Great Plague. Unfortunately, it was after only nine years that Pepys stopped writing his diary because he wrongly believed that his eyesight was deteriorating so badly that he risked blindness.

yes yes yes I know I made a spelling mistake on line 2.

My grammar has deteriorated of late, as has my punctuation, and i don't get apostrophes any more.
Oh and I don't care that I don't understand the offside rule in football. or football as a game. I don't say SPORT, because only hunting shooting & fishing are sports, all else are games.

Page 318 of 1676 « First < 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 1318 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top