Join for free
Page 32 of 35 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Sorting out the mess is easy, we just walk away and tear up the TCA ... then we have 100% control over everything.
That would be nice. Unfortunately, Boris is under pressure from all the remaining remoaners in his party.

Once again, it is down to us - the voters - to vote wisely.
If, as I am sure, the majority of people in this country are in favour of independence and sovereignty, the majority would vote for whomever(! different thread) standing in their constituency supports leaving the EU.

That might result in removing some of the Conservative party from the government, unfortunately, but as long as it resulted in replacing them with genuine supporters of leaving the EU the 'impossible' - parties working together for the good of the country - might just happen!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I ignore Boris'sogrom Zaph because it was merely a promise to
not interfere with policy ??
Jesus, if he'd sacked all the remainers he'd have no members
left to work with!!
🤗🤗🤗
And we all know what politicians promises are like don't we??
Yes, as I have just agreed in my last. Is it worth the risk?

Of course, there's always Reform UK. They could work productively with the 'leavers' in the Conservatives.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That would be nice. Unfortunately, Boris is under pressure from all the remaining remoaners in his party.

Once again, it is down to us - the voters - to vote wisely.
If, as I am sure, the majority of people in this country are in favour of independence and sovereignty, the majority would vote for whomever(! different thread) standing in their constituency supports leaving the EU.

That might result in removing some of the Conservative party from the government, unfortunately, but as long as it resulted in replacing them with genuine supporters of leaving the EU the 'impossible' - parties working together for the good of the country - might just happen!

So much for every Conservative MP being elected on the basis that they backed the government and Brexit in the 2019 election.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I ignore Boris'sogrom Zaph because it was merely a promise to
not interfere with policy ??
Jesus, if he'd sacked all the remainers he'd have no members
left to work with!! 🤗🤗🤗
And we all know what politicians promises are like don't we??
I have never denied his popularity, but l question his motives??
Why the sudden reversal in stance once he took over the TAC ??
WHY the sudden insertion of a 5•5 year extra transition after
allready having a previous transition not so long ago ??
I believe l have asked this question a couple of times before but
so far have not had any satisfactory answers ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
That's because you refuse to accept them and not because they haven't been answered.
The answers you seek are in this thread and/or are in the public domain and I am not going to repeat them ad infinitum just for you.
Refusal to acknowledge their existence does not mean that they aren't there.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So much for every Conservative MP being elected on the basis that they backed the government and Brexit in the 2019 election.
The next General Election will prove how the public see their behaviour, not you or any other faceless keyboard warrior in an anonymous forum.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

09-03-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, as I have just agreed in my last. Is it worth the risk?

Of course, there's always Reform UK. They could work productively with the 'leavers' in the Conservatives.
Of course there is.
That party of such huge potential that even Nigel Farage has decided it's time to leave as it's leader.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Of course there is.
That party of such huge potential that even Nigel Farage has decided it's time to leave as it's leader.
Excellent point Zaphod. If Nige thought for just one minute the Reform Party stood even a minute chance of winning a seat or two, I'm sure he would have stayed on as leader. As it stands, IMHO, I don't think they stand a snow ball in hell's chance.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

09-03-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Excellent point Zaphod. If Nige thought for just one minute the Reform Party stood even a minute chance of winning a seat or two, I'm sure he would have stayed on as leader. As it stands, IMHO, I don't think they stand a snow ball in hell's chance.
Thank you Percy.

Sadly there was always going to be somebody somewhere who would be unhappy with Brexit, no matter what happened.
Most people are however both sensible enough and capable enough of rational thought to understand that as with everything throughout life it is about balance.

Although we are probably still far from a conclusion even if the EU do not ratify the deal, it really would appear that the majority are accepting of the current circumstances and of the outlook as far as that can be determined.

When even the most vehement of campaigners like Nigel Farage can see no benefit in continuing opposition with his remarkable history of ability to garner considerable support, you would think it time for others to either accept that truth or to risk being viewed as extremists.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:57 PM

***Please stop all the personal bickering, no-one is interested in it so keep it off the board please.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Of course there is.
Farage didn't leave because of the potential of Reform UK though.

Page 32 of 35 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top