Join for free
Page 32 of 35 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 07:03 PM

Re: tom daley and husband

Originally Posted by May ->
Me neither ...too many auld bigots
Quite.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There speaks the voice of the dinosaur - and just who do you think you are that you can dictate how people choose to live their lives and/or which laws can or cannot be enacted???
Just my opinion Joe, I'm nobody special and my opinion won't make a scrap of difference in the grand scheme of things. Nobody asked me to vote when the powers that be decided to pass this law. I don't dictate to anyone, but I do have a mind of my own and I refuse to be influenced by you, a religion or a political party, and as far as I know we still have the right of free speech.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:39 PM

May, CeeCee and Ruthio, either you don't understand what the word 'Bigot' means, or you have not read and understood my posts.

I am not intolerant or prejudiced against unions between same sex couples. I respect and uphold their right to cohabit, but calling themselves married is a blatant misuse of the word, and whether they would make good parents or not isn't the issue. It flies in the face of everything mankind stands for and is a step backwards for society in my opinion.

Marriage noun 1 The state or relationship of being husband and Wife. 2 The act of becoming husband and wife....

Wife noun (PL Wives) 1 the woman to whom a man is married; a married woman. 2 a woman: housewife fishwife [from anglo saxon wif]

Not my words......
A direct definition from the Chambers Dictionary
I don't see the addition of Husband + husband or Wife + Wife.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Marriage | Definition of Marriage by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage

Definition of marriage : the relationship that exists between a husband and a wife. : a similar relationship between people of the same sex. : a ceremony in which two people are married to each other.

It just depends on which Dictionary You choose to believe Rab
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Marriage | Definition of Marriage by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage

Definition of marriage : the relationship that exists between a husband and a wife. : a similar relationship between people of the same sex. : a ceremony in which two people are married to each other.

It just depends on which Dictionary You choose to believe Rab
True May, similar but not the same as ....known as a Civil Partnership....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:16 PM

OOOO..You just HAD to post it twice?...well wee Man...I won't bandy any more words with You as it's just a waste of time.....maybe You should look up the definition of 'a bee in Your bonnet'....nighty night, and just remember that MARRIAGE between same sex couples is LEGAL in this Country.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:24 PM

This is an 'alleged' bigot bashing thread, right?

I'll not join in on this one ( pity really, though OGF talks a lot of sense) as I shall exceed my self-imposed limit of bad-names-called in one day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:25 PM

Ooh, I'm not fit enough to run like this . . . .
but I've come waving me white flag in hope and anticipation of a truce.

As always, we all have our own feelings about this topic, and I think everyone as put their views forward clearly, with much passion, and without punching anyone.

Might it be an idea to stay with what we feel, but not try and convert someone else - cos from what I can see, it aint gonna happen.
Just saying like ........

OK, I'm going again now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:31 PM

Wise words Mups ... I was a little surprised to find that this thread had been prodded awake again.
Thought it had died ages ago.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Rest in Peace thread.

Were all good mates, all entitled to our own opinions, and no ones falling out with anyone xx

Page 32 of 35 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top