Join for free
Page 332 of 428 « First < 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: Your weather

Yesterday we watched a gswoodpecker breaking the ice in the bird bath, his little head was going at it for ages
The snow started for us last night, while we were at our grandsons 16th birthday bash. By 11pm when we left, it was a couple of inches deep...this morning it was a good 6". I looked on the weather forecast for tomorrow and it said rain
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Same weather as Mollie and Lynne. My friend called round after being in town-when she was leaving her car was covered in ice, with icicles hanging from wing mirrors No snow here, and can't remember rain falling and freezing on its way down-felt like bits of glass hitting you!
Thing is, icicles usually only form over several days of continuous freezing weather, so to have formed within hours is indeed unusual. I can't report having seen icicles here as yet though.

Yesterday was glorious. Deep blue sky, sun blazing, and pretty little clouds, and not even nippy outside. Wot's goin' on?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Was a beautiful day here yesterday - cloudless sky, but bitterly cold all day - temperature never rose above + 1oC. Overnight the temperature plummeted to -7oC. Today its cloudy and we're promised sleet and more snow.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Beautiful and sunny here -2c though! Did anybody see the lovely full moon last night? I don't think we'll get the snow though
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 06:57 PM

We didn't get the rain forecasted for Monday, hmm.
Instead the temperature has been decreasing each day until it was -7° last night. So we still have plenty of snow in the garden and on the pavements, though the road is clear.
We are at -1° now, hopefully it will continue up
Hubby mentioned the moon marpaul but it is cloudy, so can't see it
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Beautiful and sunny here -2c though! Did anybody see the lovely full moon last night? I don't think we'll get the snow though
Yes Marian, I saw the full moon last night, it was so clear

At present, it's -2°C.....well it was 5 mins ago, just checked and now it says 0°C I keep getting up and looking out the window when the outside light comes on, I expect it's those wretched rats again! Sometimes, it's the fox that comes visiting.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Yes Marian, I saw the full moon last night, it was so clear

At present, it's -2°C.....well it was 5 mins ago, just checked and now it says 0°C I keep getting up and looking out the window when the outside light comes on, I expect it's those wretched rats again! Sometimes, it's the fox that comes visiting.
Somebody in the local area sent a close up photo of the moon to the local weather tv station, it was great!

So are you doing anything about your rats Carmen?? My friend often has them and puts poisen down! I've had them in the garden when I used to feed the hedgehog, so had to stop, havent seen them since but I'm sure they are here as am rural and I do feed the birds.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Somebody in the local area sent a close up photo of the moon to the local weather tv station, it was great!

So are you doing anything about your rats Carmen?? My friend often has them and puts poisen down! I've had them in the garden when I used to feed the hedgehog, so had to stop, havent seen them since but I'm sure they are here as am rural and I do feed the birds.
Don't want to put poison down because of the dog.....he'll eat anything! Fortunately, there are only two (that we see) and tend to stay at the bottom of the garden, where the bird feeders are. We have tried stopping feeding the birds, but they still come back. Was hoping the fox would catch them! Alfie chases them when he sees them, but that's it.
marpaul
North Cumbria

09-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Yuk I hate rats! Your two may soon become more though!! My friend has two dogs and she just kept them away from the poison and it worked for her. Hope yours go away I've got a mouse in the garage and keep hoping the cat will sort it
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

09-02-2012, 12:58 AM

Strangely enough we've only ever seen two. Apparently, they're rife around these parts because of a stream at the back of our gardens. I don't like them either, but I couldn't kill them.....heck, I even feel guilty after putting slug pellets down!

Page 332 of 428 « First < 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top