Join for free
Page 36 of 505 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:22 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

LQ, my immune system is also compromised and my lungs are damaged.

I am 53% Disabled, but have a great life.

I know my stuff, I am a scientist and I am not bothered about the virus here in the UK.
Already in my area a person walking through town wearing a mask .
Was he recently in China or even Singapore as was the businessman from Brighton confirmed with the virus ? Who knows ? Who knows who else in the UK had been in contact with this man but hasn’t developed symptoms? Certainly the ones now in a French ski resort had been in contact with him .
Not to be concerned is foolish , worried maybe a step too far at this moment .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:55 PM

The pangolin , Google it , is now believed to be the source of the new coronovirus . can you believe people eat this ,considered to be a delicacy ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The pangolin , Google it , is now believed to be the source of the new coronovirus . can you believe people eat this ,considered to be a delicacy ?
Ha Ha. Yes, truly odd. Every country, however, has foods that are strange. I once had a French GF who thought that peanut butter was "food from hell".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ha Ha. Yes, truly odd. Every country, however, has foods that are strange. I once had a French GF who thought that peanut butter was "food from hell".

To me, it not just a case of eating something odd, or that it is considered a delicacy at all.

To me, it is the barbaric, filthy, disgusting conditions the animals are kept in and killed in - by amateurs without a licence for slaughtering.
Look at the market photos, blood and guts everywhere, utterly appalling to have raw meat laying about in such conditions, and I am only surprised the people involved are not hospitalised more often.

Apart from the slaughtering conditions, these Pangolins are said to be an 'Endangered Species,' so what the hell are they are being trapped and slaughtered in the first place?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:18 PM

Mups, I totally agree.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:23 PM

Hi

I know my stuff, I am a scientist and I am not bothered about the virus here in the UK.
I am with you on this Swimmy.
I think worrying about getting it, will kill you quicker than the virus. I have Asthma but l am not freaking out about getting it.

I went to a local university last night for an orchestral evening. Many of the music students on stage were Chinese, as were the audience.
I felt sorry for them, in that they are probably being treated as lepers by some. There are 27, 000 students from 150 countries at the university. Are they all doomed?
bakerman
Mexico

08-02-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I went to a local university last night for an orchestral evening. Many of the music students on stage were Chinese, as were the audience.
I felt sorry for them, in that they are probably being treated as lepers by some. There are 27, 000 students at the university. Are they all doomed?
I, of course, have no special knowledge , but I doubt it. I have a feeling that young, strong, healthy students with a strong immune system can just shrug off the coronavirus.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:56 PM

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you are so unwell. I'm a born worrier, in fact I worry if I have nothing to worry about. Guess it wouldn't do for us all to be the same although I do wish I was more like you and could learn not to worry.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am with you on this Swimmy.
I think worrying about getting it, will kill you quicker than the virus. I have Asthma but l am not freaking out about getting it.

I felt sorry for them, in that they are probably being treated as lepers by some. There are 27, 000 students from 150 countries at the university. Are they all doomed?
Me too Arty, l just think it was a good opportunity to practice for
the real thing when it happens?
Looks like we need more practice??
Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:52 PM

Hi

SARS had a mortality rate of 9.6%.

This one is more infectious, but a much lower mortality rate.

Why all the panic?

Are you all panicking because you may be stabbed?

Struck by lightning?
I'm not panicking. I'm just sad for all the people who have been caught up in this in China and other places. It must be horrendous to have your life put on hold as if you are a prisoner and be treated like a leper.

I'm sure I'm young and healthy enough to survive, but I would not want to catch it all the same. At least with the flu you can have a vaccine. But I'm worried about my elderly mum and other elderly people with serious health conditions catching it.

You can take precautions against being stabbed and against being struck by lightning so no reason why you would not also want to take precautions against any contagious illness.

I hope it's an overreaction, it's not like the plague after all. It's an interesting exercise in seeing how the world would cope with a global epidemic.

Page 36 of 505 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top