Join for free
Page 38 of 53 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:47 PM

Re: Prince Phillip

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
There's a lot of talk about heroism of armed services. Let's not forget the huge number of people who weren't in the forces but who put themselves deliberately I'm harm's way to contribute towards the common end goal. Let's not forget that many of these were not male adults, and also (for some of them) weren't backed up by armed compatriates.
Absolutely....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The NHS can recruit here or did you mean we have a shortage of medical staff ?
There has been a huge upsurge in applications for nursing places this year .
Yet, my friend’s daughter who is SRN registered, had been a practice and district nurse had an awful time when applying to work as a nurse during this Covid crisis.

The forms to be filled in, the hoops she had to jump, the criteria she need to fit into, she gave up.
She applied again and is now giving the vaccinations.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think there's a definite spark there. Opposites attract.

Dex is a married man, but am genuinely very fond of him.and he knows that,because I told him so,

I feel I have got to know him over the years on here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He wasn’t exactly in the trenches he visited the trenches and was eventually allowed to work as a staff officier behind enemy lines . This was because they would not let the heir to the throne be in danger .
The rest were cannon fodder lions led by donkeys .
Isn’t Prince Philip, German? Or is that by descent?

I know, he was called Phil the Greek.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, my friend’s daughter who is SRN registered, had been a practice and district nurse had an awful time when applying to work as a nurse during this Covid crisis.

The forms to be filled in, the hoops she had to jump, the criteria she need to fit into, she gave up.
She applied again and is now giving the vaccinations.
The thing about forms, as we all know, is that they start off clear and simple. Then someone spots a potential oversight, so more questions need adding. Then someone spots possible variations of answers to the new questions which will probably need exploring, so they add more questions which might solve this, ...ad infinitum.

It's a form (no pun intended) of godel's axiom of incompleteness.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2021, 03:55 PM

The thing about forms, as we all know, is that they start off clear and simple. Then someone spots a potential oversight, so more questions need adding. Then someone spots possible variations of answers to the new questions which will probably need exploring, so they add more questions which might solve this, ...ad infinitum.

It's a form (no pun intended) of godel's axiom of incompleteness.
It was mainly things to do with ‘Diversity’...you know the politics involved in applying for a job
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:57 PM

It was mainly things to do with ‘Diversity’...you know the politics involved in applying for a job
It's come to something when having a working knowledge of previous acts of Britain's Got Talent is a prerequisite of getting a nursing job.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2021, 03:59 PM

It's come to something when having a working knowledge of previous acts of Britain's Got Talent is a prerequisite of getting a nursing job.
Clever....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It doesn't help when reporters say that Charles had traveled over 100 miles to visit his father Of course he did, his father was in hospital and most of us would have traveled that far to visit somebody we cared about.
We will all be told if he should die or the press will be there to show him leaving the hospital when he improves, but I am sure he doesn't have to tell anybody what is wrong with him, just like the rest of us don't!
The poor man may have an embarrassing health problem that he doesn't want to share, or you never know, he may just have a minor problem and is teasing those who hope he dies!

I wish him well and hope that he and the queen can get some privacy when he is hopefully released from hospital!

I thought the same Twink.
Maybe even prostate or 'man's problems.'

Why should he have to tell the world. Whatever he said would be picked apart and distorted anyway.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Clever....
I always find it amusing when people get hold of official forms for them to fill in, printed in English, with the last page being a questionnaire about ethic origin written in a whole host of languages and texts. Only as an afterthought did it occur to the form providers to see if the recipient was actually able to read the previous 20 pages.

Page 38 of 53 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top