Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Re: Is this an Alien Spaceship ?

Well I've seen some mis-spellings on me name, but this is a first Its the original Pats and add a Y

All I am saying is, we are 'confined' to our own knowledge, you or I, have no idea what they are capable of ......
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Sorry about that Patys, I thought I saw a UFO and it distracted me for a moment. (Turned out to be a flying pig).

What I am saying is that unless we are wrong in our understanding of the laws that govern the universe, UFO's are limited to the speed of light.
If we are wrong, it will have a lot of implications for science. If we are correct, then nobody is going to spend ages travelling across the universe just to get a fuzzy photo on the TV.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Well Gorge
Scientists disagree on this subject, they also change their minds on things they previously stuck to - so its just a matter of opinion in the end for us mere mortals anyway ...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 07:56 AM

Morning Patsy (hope I got that right). If you read the Moon landing hoax thread, there seems to be a belief that no living creature could get through the Van Allen Belt. If so, then how could any aliens get through it?

The world is full of conspiracy theorists.. So here's mine -
1. Men have landed on the moon.
2. The vast majority of UFO sightings are natural phenomenon, hoaxs etc..
Even if a minute number are unexplained, that doesn't prove anything.
3. If a genuine UFO visited Earth, we would get better evidence than some fuzzy photos.

4. Santa Claus does exist. I have a photo of me and Dianne with him at the Arctic circle.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Morning Patsy (hope I got that right). If you read the Moon landing hoax thread, there seems to be a belief that no living creature could get through the Van Allen Belt. If so, then how could any aliens get through it?

3. If a genuine UFO visited Earth, we would get better evidence than some fuzzy photos.

4. Santa Claus does exist. I have a photo of me and Dianne with him at the Arctic circle.
I couldn't have put it better myself GW - except the bit about Santa Claus, he lives in the antarctic !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->

Very good
Of course there are millions of hoaxes - doesn't mean they do not exist.
We've come a long way in technology, and our ancestors would never have believed the advances were possible, would they.
So, a species that are way beyond us in technology, could do the impossible 'to us'
Do you disbelieve the pilots in WW2 ......?
Like I said before, we all have our opinions on the subject ....
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 10:10 AM

I thought the aliens were already here, in the form of the government.

they don't seem to know anything about our real world at all!

sorry I'll get me coat!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
I thought the aliens were already here, in the form of the government.

they don't seem to know anything about our real world at all!

sorry I'll get me coat!
Love it !

(keep yer coat on gal )
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 10:44 AM

It always tickles me when the age-old arguments crop up in threads like this.

Yes indeed, no potential visitor or even invader would even contemplate travelling the vast distances of space purely for us to get fleeting glimpses which are invariably put down by "experts" as hoaxes or camera tricks.

That's the point I was making - they are more than likely here already and have probably been here for centuries.

Quite where they are is the mystery or I should say, a mystery to the ordinary person because I believe our governments do know far more than we will ever be told.

If another intelligent species was openly acknowledged there would undoubtedly be mass panic somewhere on earth and the breakdown of normal law and order worldwide doesn't bear contemplating in our present state of civilization.

We still we kill our own species; we kill or farm many other species too on our planet for food, sport or short-term financial gain and we stand by watching some of our fellow humans subjected to starvation, disease, war and death and do nothing to help.

If you were an advanced, non-human species, observing the human race for many,many years, would you consider interacting with us now or stand back and watch to see if we develop into something better than you can perhaps work with in the future? stevmk2
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 10:57 AM

If the aliens are waiting for us to improve, they're going to have to be very patient!
P.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top