Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:52 PM

Re: Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

I guess it doesn't really matter what name people use on sites be it the same or different as long as they come in a spirit of friendship not conflict .

Someone may change names as they move from site to site hoping to leave a persona behind but however many names they have they will remain the same person .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:54 PM

I use different names, that came about because some idiot messed around the forum admin and so a lot changed names etc,
When new admin bought it out once again another name to re register.
I am not a post counter like some who like to get up in the thousands and millions, so changing is fine by me.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Now wouldn't that be a lovely idea..a spirit of friendship and not conflict. Oh well we can always hope.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 02:17 PM

I belong to 4 sites, I use a variation of my real name on one, which is a "specialty" site, meaning a site that is for a specific topic. Then there is Facebook, which has my real name, but the settings are very private.

Why do people use different names ? Various reasons, however, yes, we can often tell who is who by their style of posting.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
I've always been Hawkeye on the various Forums I visit apart from the old Saggy site where I was a completely different name. I don't really mind people changing their member names, if you have known and liked them before you can decide you don't second or third time around and do not have to apologise for it, as you did not realise.
Great logic lol
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 02:20 PM

I have a different username on here because my usual one had already been taken when I joined, also the person who is using it has never posted, apart from to say hello.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 02:52 PM

I stick with my given name. After all, if one joins various local clubs or groups, most do not join under various names. If I feel insecure posting under my name, wouldn't I be better not posting at all ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 03:55 PM

I use the same name on the 3 sites I am a member of.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree that it is unwise to give out too much information online.

That is why I keep the fact that I am actually a lottery winning George Clooney lookalike well hidden.

Give over, you look nowt like me.

I'm known as Judd (contraction of Judderman) on all the sites I'm a member of save one and have been for eleven years.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 08:56 PM

I'm only on this one so only got one name to remember.
I couldn't cope with being on more than one forum. I'd be sat on my backside all day if I was

The only other forum I was on closed down years ago and I used my proper name then.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top