Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Re: It seems we have allies

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have a feeling faced with no trade deals they will be hurried a bit faster than years, I can't see any country refusing to sell to us.
Hi

The issue is not them selling to us, they will do that willingly.

The issue is the UK selling to them, a completely different matter.

We need to sell abroad, we do this to pay the bills and to employ millions here in the UK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders
Hi

The EU are not stopping us starting to deal with other Countries at all.

That is yet another fallacy.

We deal with loads of other countries now under WTO Rules, but as part of the EU.

As soon as we leave, we can go straight into Free Trade Deals with other Countries, we leave in less than 2 years, new trade agreements take much longer to arrange and we do not control the speed, the other Countries do.

I was under impression they have forbidden us talking trade to countries I'm pretty sure we had a thread on it a while ago.
Perhaps we deal with non-EU countries under WTO rules as part of the EU, I don't know.

However, like Julie, I thought they had forbidden us from discussing trade deals with non-EU countries until we leave the EU.

If this is the case, I suggest that we conduct trade deals right now and ignore this particular diktat from Brussels. What can they do? Kick us out of the EU?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Again I can't see them refusing to buy from us either. There's a healthy trade between nations at the moment that seems off the radar, I buy and sell stuff on line in theory we should all pay tax on the items but mailing it across the world no one asks for the tax, I can't find my any way to pay it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:59 PM

I agree.

All we seem to hear (mainly from the remainiacs) is that we cannot do this and we cannot do that. The EU forbids it.

We need to be strong and invite the EU to do their worst.

And we can then reciprocate.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 02:04 PM

This thread has, once again, prompted me to question the UK's exports.

By that, I mean what do we actually produce? and does anybody want it?

Googled and found this

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in UK global shipments during 2016. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from United Kingdom.
Machinery including computers: US$60.3 billion (14.7% of total exports)
Vehicles : $51.7 billion (12.6%)
Pharmaceuticals: $32.6 billion (8%)
Gems, precious metals: $27.5 billion (6.7%)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $27.1 billion (6.6%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $26.2 billion (6.4%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $20.7 billion (5.1%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $17.2 billion (4.2%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $11.2 billion (2.7%)
Organic chemicals: $10.8 billion (2.6%)
Vehicles were the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 80.8% for the 7-year period starting in 2009.
In second place for improving export sales was the aerospace category which gained 72.7% led by significant international sales for airplanes and turbojets.
UK exported gems and precious metals posted the third-fastest gain in value up 64.4% thanks to booming gold and platinum shipments.
Mineral fuels including oil led the decliners down by -34.5%.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Originally Posted by swimfeeders
Hi

The EU are not stopping us starting to deal with other Countries at all.

That is yet another fallacy.

We deal with loads of other countries now under WTO Rules, but as part of the EU.

As soon as we leave, we can go straight into Free Trade Deals with other Countries, we leave in less than 2 years, new trade agreements take much longer to arrange and we do not control the speed, the other Countries do.

Perhaps we deal with non-EU countries under WTO rules as part of the EU, I don't know.

However, like Julie, I thought they had forbidden us from discussing trade deals with non-EU countries until we leave the EU.

If this is the case, I suggest that we conduct trade deals right now and ignore this particular diktat from Brussels. What can they do? Kick us out of the EU?
Hi

First point, yes we trade with non EU Countries as part of the EU membership of the WTO.

When we leave we will continue to trade with WTO Countries who do not have WTO deals with the EU under WTO Rules, so no change there.

The EU trades with around 45 countries which they have deals with through the WTO, reduced tariffs etc.

When we leave, we leave all those deals and we will have to renegotiate them from scratch, the issue here being the schedules, how many cars from Japan,how many electronics from South Korea etc etc.

That is when the fun starts, there are 10s of thousands of them, the electronics for cars built here and the exported for example, and most of our cars are exported, are good examples of the complications.

The UK has already stated that we will not be imposing tariffs on certain goods from certain countries when we leave.

Bangladesh is an example, we import vast amounts of cheap clothes from them.

What you are missing is this.

Many countries are absolutely not interested in doing any trade deals with the UK until we have left and the know the terms of leaving and the tariff schedules sorted.

The EU is a much bigger market then the UK, it is simply not in their own interests to do so.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 07:20 PM

Fred Kite:
We do not and cannot accept the principle that incompetence justifies dismissal. That is victimisation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Again I can't see them refusing to buy from us either. There's a healthy trade between nations at the moment that seems off the radar, I buy and sell stuff on line in theory we should all pay tax on the items but mailing it across the world no one asks for the tax, I can't find my any way to pay it.
Hi

Somewhat different Julie.

It is not worth collecting the tax on small items.

It is a completely different matter if you are shipping a hundred cars or a container of laptops, then you will pay Tariffs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Will someone tell me again why we can't follow Norways model?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Will someone tell me again why we can't follow Norways model?
Because Norway is still under the jackboot.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top