Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 10:32 PM

Re: Now's my chance

Ahhh - -Things like this always come a bit too late.

Before this week, I would have given your offer some serious consideration, but it was our 64th wedding anniversary and I'd feel quite badly breaking the news to my wife.

Maybe some other lucky fellow will step up.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yeah I showed your pick to my wife Rhian. She said "Phwooah!..bugger you..I'm off to Wales." She's always been a sucker for a sexy Welsh accent. Me too..
You too ?
I'm not talking to you any more.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Mrs Keezoy!
Welcome
She's actually away at the moment. She tells me she's in Adelaide for "business"..Ha!..Now I know where she really is.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 11:33 PM

Don't remind me, it is our 48th wedding anniversary on the 4th of March. Don't time fly when your having fun

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:45 AM

Wow Mr and Mrs Dave A and Mr and Mrs Realspeed...
Congratulations!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 11:02 AM

Thank you Rhian

I don't know how true this is but passed down to me as family history, so make of it what you will.

My Fathers side came from North Wales centuries ago when what I was told there were about 7 different little "kingdoms". I was told that one of them was ruled by an ancestor of mine.

I have to take that as very questionable but again as i was told the family crest(never seen it) had rampant lions supporting it, and that was only allowed on "royal " coat of arms.

Personally I think my mother got it all wrong, but that is what I was told even though my surname is derived from the Welsh language originally
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Thank you Rhian

I don't know how true this is but passed down to me as family history, so make of it what you will.

My Fathers side came from North Wales centuries ago when what I was told there were about 7 different little "kingdoms". I was told that one of them was ruled by an ancestor of mine.

I have to take that as very questionable but again as i was told the family crest(never seen it) had rampant lions supporting it, and that was only allowed on "royal " coat of arms.

Personally I think my mother got it all wrong, but that is what I was told even though my surname is derived from the Welsh language originally

Arise sir realspeed of East Sussex
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 12:49 PM

Is it the first of March......?
Blimey! I managed to dodge that bullet.....

Anyway.....Happy St Davids Day Rhian....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm extremely sorry Rhian, but I'm chasing some other girl at the moment!!

Dai walked up the hill with his grandson. They were looking down at their village.
"See that road down there? I built it. But am I known as Dai the road builder?
I built the row of cottages. Am I known as Dai the cottage builder? And the chapel - I built that too. Am I known as Dai the chapel builder? But you shag just one sheep..........."

oops. Replied to wrong post................
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Is it the first of March......?
Blimey! I managed to dodge that bullet.....

Anyway.....Happy St Davids Day Rhian....
Ooh, is it St David's day today? Reminds me of a woman I used to work with, who, every St Davids day would nick daffodils from the local park to bring to work and keep on her desk.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top