Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 06:30 PM

Re: A big Connundrum

Originally Posted by Mags ->
At least these arrangements will mean you'll be able to spend Christmas as you planned.

But there is one thing I'm very concerned about, Uncle Joe .............. how will you manage on hospital food???
Pleased at your news Uncle Joe and at least hospital food is free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Pleased at your news Uncle Joe and at least hospital food is free
Because no one would buy it .... horrible bland glop!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Nice to here you have made your decision. Enjoy your Christmas, because hospital food is not up to much.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Because no one would buy it .... horrible bland glop!
Could always order some takeaway grub
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 08:00 PM

I'd have given anything for a good curry or pizza when I was in hospital this Spring! I think the "scrambled eggs" must have been made from powdered eggs, I never saw such strange looking ones, and they had no flavor whatsoever!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Have had consultation with my G.P. today - upshot is that I will now be placed on the surgical list for yet another hip operation - probably sometime early next year, so whilst all of you are struggling in snow and ice and bitterly cold, or wading in torrential rain, I will be tucked up in a nice warm hospital bed being cared for by a team of pretty nurses who will be catering for my slightest whim.
With your jokes Joe you'll have them in stitches.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
At least these arrangements will mean you'll be able to spend Christmas as you planned.

But there is one thing I'm very concerned about, Uncle Joe .............. how will you manage on hospital food???
Mags darlin' - our hospital food is not bad down this end of the globe, just not enough of it!!! - will have to send out for biscuits, cakes and sweeties to sustain me between meals. When I had my hip operation previously I took a 2lt bottle of lime squash into the hospital with me. Thing was, whilst there was lime juice in the bottle, it wasn't ALL lime juice - I had managed to top it off with Vodka!!!!

Since this is apparently a frequent occurrence, perhaps I'll ask surgeon to insert a zipper in my bum, so that if it has to be done again, they can just unzip me and remove it.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Pleased to hear your news Uncle Joe

The hospital food is good in this neck of the woods too, although like you've said, not much of it.

Lol @ your 2 Lt. of "Lime" juice.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:01 PM

I am glad you've got it all sorted Uncle Joe. With your wicked ways you'll have many a pretty nurse at your beck and call. Just tell each one you haven't had your meal yet and they'll pop to the kitchens pronto and bring you one (or four) extra ones - hide the plates
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:16 PM

Maryl darlin' - now there's a thought!!!!

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top