Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Re: No Loo Rolls.

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
We do not use much toilet tissue in our house as 2 of our 3 toilets have a bidet next to them.
I read the thread and then went to check on how many rolls we have in the paper cupboard and the total was 3 packs of 24 and a huge one I did not bother to check, but I'd hazard a guess it's a pack of around 48, so we could survive a siege type of shortage.
Do they still manufacture Izal and Bronco pile inducing tracing paper skiddie type?

I think it's just the Royals that use it these days of austerity, especially the queen, she loves it apparently.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:52 PM

The answer for the loo roll crisis

The Mullein Plant

Easy to grow -and it grows huge was used in past times for the same .
Leaves are soft and large sometimes called bunny ears .

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hope you all have a good stock of loo rolls, I noticed the shelve in Tesco this morning that holds them was looking a bit empty as the panic buying begins.
I have bought a pack every time I was in the shop the last few months....just incase and I'm glad I did.
Also I've been buying extra dog food and chews, the Hairy one won't understand why he's got no dinner, so I'm making sure he does have.
The story may just be another scare story BUT, what if it's not?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...toilet-roll-uk
As I said I don't panic buy, I never have at anytime. I don't over buy at Christmas or New Year either I just buy my usual.
Neither am I one who believes in everything she hears and sees, Toilet Rolls and dog food are the only two things I have no intention of running out of ….Ever.
I have had to live without toilet rolls once before, and it will never happen again, it was hell. Just after I left home, yes I was working full time, but it was still a crap wage, 16year olds earned next to nothing in 1966, even less if you were female. I never had enough money to last from one pay packet till the next. Toilet Rolls were one thing I had to beg, borrow, or swipe.
I only earned £6 odd a week and £3 of that was rent. £1 went in the electric meter I was only left with a couple of quid for food and anything else I needed. It was not easy but worth it to be free of my mother.
In your first post you said you did panic buy, in the second you say you don't. Which is it to be, Roxy?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
We do not use much toilet tissue in our house as 2 of our 3 toilets have a bidet next to them.
I read the thread and then went to check on how many rolls we have in the paper cupboard and the total was 3 packs of 24 and a huge one I did not bother to check, but I'd hazard a guess it's a pack of around 48, so we could survive a siege type of shortage.
Do they still manufacture Izal and Bronco pile inducing tracing paper skiddie type?
Three toilets?
Posh rich southerner. Bet you shop at Waitrose too and have afternoon tea sessions
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it's just the Royals that use it these days of austerity, especially the queen, she loves it apparently.
I wouldn't want to wash her knickers.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:21 PM

I don't think buying an extra pack of both toilet rolls and dog food each week can be called panic buying. I was just making sure we had enough come the worst.
Silly story.
Bog rolls are made in UK. One place is Kimberly Clark, Northfleet, Kent.

Dog foods are made in UK. For example, Arden Grange pet foods are manufactured in the UK.

Don't panic over those.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:24 PM

Floydy........All I said in my first post was that I bought an extra pack of Toilet Rolls and a bag of dog food when I go to Tesco. That is NOT panic buying, and I'll thank you to stop trying to twist my words. I don't know what the blazes is wrong with you these days but kindly stop looking for rows.
My Last Word on the matter.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Floydy........All I said in my first post was that I bought an extra pack of Toilet Rolls and a bag of dog food when I go to Tesco. That is NOT panic buying, and I'll thank you to stop trying to twist my words. I don't know what the blazes is wrong with you these days but kindly stop looking for rows.
My Last Word on the matter.
Roxy, I'm not having a dig whatsoever. perhaps you could have chosen your words in that first post more coherently then. That's all I meant.
I'm sure other people see where I'm coming from with this?
That's all it was, calm down petal.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:29 PM

Time to lighten the mood methinks......

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Good for tracing though
And for 'comb and paper' type tunes!

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top