Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Re: Flu Jab

Have one every year, they've fitted me in next Friday as apparently that's best time to avoid it causing problems with my chemo. I think my husband has his Monday, I wasn't listening properly naughty me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:09 PM

My surgery phoned me up yesterday and booked a 9:10 appointment for Saturday which I thought was good of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I thought everyone over sixty was entitled to one..oops maybe you are too young yet.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
...it's 65 Gabi unless you have an illness which qualifies for early vaccination .
I had mine last week and I'm nowhere near 65 yet (phew!). I received a text from the surgery, so I turned up and explained that I was under 65 but she said they were not turning anyone away that wanted it. No charge either.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My surgery phoned me up yesterday and booked a 9:10 appointment for Saturday which I thought was good of them.
I hope you dont have to queue. My previous doctors' surgery would book Saturday morning appointments for flu jabs and when I got there there were about twenty others with the same time. I left.

I now have it at my chemist, just walk in and it is done straight away.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I hope you dont have to queue. My previous doctors' surgery would book Saturday morning appointments for flu jabs and when I got there there were about twenty others with the same time. I left.

I now have it at my chemist, just walk in and it is done straight away.
Even if I have to queue I won't mind. My G.P. is a 5 minute walk from my house and they've been so good to me the past few years.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Been reading through this thread, sooo many who answered early on and were regular posters have not been here for such a long time.....sad that.
Our Doctor runs a flu Clinic on a Saturday and your sent a letter with a two hour time slot to use. It's done alphabetically, A-G is 8am to 10am. H-N is 10am -12noon ect ect. This goes on over two Saturdays..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Been reading through this thread, sooo many who answered early on and were regular posters have not been here for such a long time.....sad that.
Our Doctor runs a flu Clinic on a Saturday and your sent a letter with a two hour time slot to use. It's done alphabetically, A-G is 8am to 10am. H-N is 10am -12noon ect ect. This goes on over two Saturdays..

I'm here Roxy darlin' and yes I had the flu' jab done on 7th October.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 06:48 PM

Just came back today from a long cruise (24 nights).

Average age on board was about 60-80 years.

From day one I heard people coughing and spluttering and as I met and dined with many different people night by night I learned of course that they'd all dutifully trotted off to their GPs to have their useless flu jabs in the past few weeks.

As the cruise progressed more and more people acquired the bugs and viruses which these hapless "flu jabbed" people were spreading around.

About 7 days into the cruise I started getting a lumpy throat, a raised temperature and fast pulse rate. Being "awake" I know very quickly when my body has been exposed to some kind of bug or virus. It becomes obvious really.

The moment I started to feel "infected" from these flu-jabbed people I began my defence. I bought a piece of fresh ginger at the next port and acquired many slices of lemon from my cabin steward and a pot of honey from breakfast table. I mashed up the lemon slices (including pith and yellow skin) as best I could with a sharp knife cutting it into tiny pieces, same for the ginger. Made a drink with it with hot water and the honey and did this twice a day.
After 3 days of nothing more than a slightly lumpy throat I was cured. I had a residual dry tickle in my throat for another day then nothing.

Sadly the same couldn't be said of the 1500 other passengers. Many were coughing badly and many were in a dire state of health all round.

No flu jab required whatsoever, just the potent curatives of Nature, freely available.

The flu-jab is pure snake oil, nothing more. Only the ill-informed would agree to have one.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 06:53 PM

The flu jab is a nice little earner for doctors, encouraging folks to have it could be more for their benefit than yours
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 07:13 PM

It sounds like they all had colds not flu, if it was flu they wouldn't have been fit enough to leave their cabins. There's is nothing worse than a thousand or more people clumped together on a ship for the germs to spread like hot fire

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top