Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 07:57 AM

Re: Accepting old age?

Originally Posted by HTB ->
yes Spitfire, but if you take the "Bull" out, that has a tendency to happen as you get older "so I hear"........
Is that in a metaphorical or physical sense.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The worst thing about ageing is losing the ability to bullshit yourself.
I sometimes surprise myself by the unfortunate habit of voicing my inner thoughts.

e.g.

Being interviewed in 1982 by two blaggers for a job in sales I terminated the interview when I heard myself say.
"You can't bullship a bullshipper"

They appeared stunned. I wasn't offered the job. No surprise there then
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:45 AM

No one can stop the tide of time, so why try.

Both me and my husband make jokes about our age. We have a laugh about all the buses and trains being full of old folks after the 'twirly' hour
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 01:37 PM

Well I've been 'an old man' for 5 days now and well it sux. Nah, tis ok. I reckon I will be far better forrit, as in sober more often than not. I also intend to work out more to gain some muscle, which can't be bad. Probably have a good sex drive now too as running was sapping my energy .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 03:11 PM

I can imagine, it must be difficult having sex whilst running.
Itzliz
United kingdom...
Itzliz is female 

22-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Or walking lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I sometimes surprise myself by the unfortunate habit of voicing my inner thoughts.

e.g.

Being interviewed in 1982 by two blaggers for a job in sales I terminated the interview when I heard myself say.
"You can't bullship a bullshipper"

They appeared stunned. I wasn't offered the job. No surprise there then
Rj that reminded me of the action film 'Raw Deal', Arnold Schwarzenegger is applying for the job of head gangster and is being interviewed by Sam Wanamaker, Arnie makes a similar remark to yours and Wanamaker snarls "Smart I like, smart ass I don't" but he got the job in the long run.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top