Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Re: Can you taste the difference?

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Tesco regularly come out on top with the tests for campylobacter in poultry. Asda are bottom. Waitrose and Morrisons don't show up well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32911228
Cooked properly it's fine, it's bad cooking and handling practices that cause sickness. I can remember back in the 60s chicken was known as a dirty bird and had to be cooked thoroughly nothing much changes.

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Oh my God I always wash raw chicken ...
I can't help it ...
I wash mostly everything ...it is a habit ..
I guess I am lucky ...
Probably just clean sugarbug, if bacteria is spread many of us don't get ill because we keep our kitchens clean and cook our food properly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Btw all supermarkets are not the same when it comes to food standards, Waitrose and M&S place self imposed bans on many pesticides that while legal, are of concern.

Here is their reply to me when I queried their corporate responsibility, labelling and farming standards:
Azz I think some do try hard and I get some lovely fresh unpackaged fish from Waitrose and have had their packaged wild Alaskan salmon which is ok .
I won't eat farmed salmon at all.

If I lived in Wales I would seek out Sewin (Wild sea trout) which is almost indistinguishable from wild salmon and 1000 times better than farmed salmon . It is of course out of season now till next spring
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz I think some do try hard and I get some lovely fresh unpackaged fish from Waitrose and have had their packaged wild Alaskan salmon which is ok .
I won't eat farmed salmon at all.

If I lived in Wales I would seek out Sewin (Wild sea trout) which is almost indistinguishable from wild salmon and 1000 times better than farmed salmon . It is of course out of season now till next spring
Funnily enough we have salmon swim through the river that is at the end of our garden

I just need to learn how to catch it (we often see people standing in the river catching it)
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I think I read somewhere not to wash poultry as it made matters worse.
You did it show on Your link lol
... that is why I am so lucky .. I never had food poisoning ...

Is someone trying to be sarcastic here
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
You did it show on Your link lol
... that is why I am so lucky .. I never had food poisoning ...

Is someone trying to be sarcastic here
Sorry sugarbug. I read it somewhere else as well
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 01:03 AM

Oh you are forgiving my child lol
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 01:28 AM

I always wash the inside of a chicken, we were taught to do so in school as hygiene was always important and I'll continue to do so no matter what anyone says

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top