Join for free
Page 4 of 47 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Re: Unbreakable Faith!

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
How can I 'control' you - you mean by changing your point of view? I suppose that is a form of control for sure - if trying to make someone see sense is that is. As for 'nastiness' I don't think you will see such from me from now on - as long as I remain sober that is. I think you will find yourself even more pressurised with seasoned, heavy-weight counter arguments from a sober mind. I have a feeling you will come to realise me ranting is the softer and more comfortable option .
No Mark you misunderstand you used to rant that I was trying to control you, I never felt controlled and had no wish to control you either. Used to puzzle me a lot.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
As I posted Google it,There are several studies,all tie Depression and Religion,Use those 3 words,I am not as computer literate as others.So for me to close this and pull up the proof you ask for is puzzling.1 thing at a time,But it is true and Factual.
Google search: Depression and Religion ...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de...utf-8&oe=utf-8
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No Mark you misunderstand you used to rant that I was trying to control you, I never felt controlled and had no wish to control you either. Used to puzzle me a lot.
Well, sounds like each is trying to gain the upper hand in arguments then - simple exchange of views.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:24 PM

I think you will find yourself even more pressurised with seasoned, heavy-weight counter arguments from a sober mind.
OK MKJ, knock yourself out lol. Haven't seen any so far in this particular thread, I have to say. Only some rather odd statements. And neither you nor DragonsRealm have succeeded in producing ONE piece of evidence that links religious faith to suffering depression. Just a link to a google search. So sorry, neither factual nor true.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:25 PM

Try googling atheism and depression and you find religion helps enormously to combat depression.

Statistics can pretty much be used to prove anything.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:25 PM

Google search: Depression and Religion ...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de...utf-8&oe=utf-8
OUCH that hurt Thanks MKJ,Wow there they are Ladies Read and Weep.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
OK MKJ, knock yourself out lol. Haven't seen any so far in this particular thread, I have to say. Only some rather odd statements. And neither you nor DragonsRealm have succeeded in producing ONE piece of evidence that links religious faith to suffering depression. Just a link to a google search. So sorry, neither factual nor true.
Eh, why not follow the link and read a few results? There does seem to be a hell of a lot of results so presumably at least one will fit the bill.

And don't kid yourself MANY have turned to religion as a means of escaping from some inner turmoil - alcoholics - drug addicts etc etc.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 02:28 PM

Try googling atheism and depression and you find religion helps enormously to combat depression.

Statistics can pretty much be used to prove anything.
Absolutely - again why I say to break someone's belief is irresponsible - if they are relying on it too much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2015, 02:28 PM

Eh, why not follow the link and read a few results? There does seem to be a hell of a lot of results so presumably at one will fit the bill.

And don't kid yourself MANY have turned to religion as a means of escaping from some inner turmoil - alcoholics - drug addicts etc etc.
They have and do and IMO that is fantastic, if Faith can help people like that how wonderful for them.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 02:31 PM

They have and do and IMO that is fantastic, if Faith can help people like that how wonderful for them.
I agree with you. And we wouldn't be having this discussion if people were turning to more orthodox beliefs and not the one that is hell bent on taking over the world by any means whatsoever.

Page 4 of 47 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top