Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Will you bother to vote tomorrow?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our vote in Doncaster tomorrow will be to elect a new mayor.
The new mayor will cover Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster.....Considering the population of Doncaster (150,000) compared to these large cities and towns, my vote will have the same effect as a thimble full of red dye tossed into the sea....However, I will always vote for UKIP or an independant, should they field a candidate....
Another bloody mayor! What a waste of time and money. More jobs for the boys/girls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Another bloody mayor! What a waste of time and money. More jobs for the boys/girls.
Nice work if you can get it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our vote in Doncaster tomorrow will be to elect a new mayor.
The new mayor will cover Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster.....Considering the population of Doncaster (150,000) compared to these large cities and towns, my vote will have the same effect as a thimble full of red dye tossed into the sea....However, I will always vote for UKIP or an independant, should they field a candidate....
Yep,

The last Mayor did a splendid job ref the child abuse in Rotherham. Wonder if the new one will do any better?

Won't hold me breath tbh.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No elections here this year...
Nor here - but - if there were I would vote. People died so I would have the right to vote - I would not disrespect their memory by being complacent !
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 02:33 AM

I shall vote today.

There are two groups of Independents in are Village.. one lot will be elected the Main parties stand no chance.

As in years past we will have a Hung council.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 02:42 AM

It just shows how much I pay attention to what comes through my letterbox. Thinking about this again, we have had various red and blue junk mail land on the doormat and go straight into the bin.
Yes we do have a local election today but I won't be voting.

On the subject of people dying because people don't vote. Well many decades ago that was certainly the case but that is hardly relevant today. Voting for some 23-year-old jumped up university graduate who has zero experience of life will not affect my life in the slightest.
We are just voting for wannabe politicians to make a name for themselves.
My dustbin wasn't emptied this week because of bumbling council workers.
They are all the same, whichever party you vote for.
Nothing will change and nobody will ever be any better off.

If push comes to shove I will of course vote Labour as I work for a living....but again, nothing will be any different.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 05:20 AM

I voted last week, postal vote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It just shows how much I pay attention to what comes through my letterbox. Thinking about this again, we have had various red and blue junk mail land on the doormat and go straight into the bin.

On the subject of people dying because people don't vote. Well many decades ago that was certainly the case but that is hardly relevant today. Voting for some 23-year-old jumped up university graduate who has zero experience of life will not affect my life in the slightest.

If push comes to shove I will of course vote Labour as I work for a living....but again, nothing will be any different.
Good post!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Yer, I agree with Longdogs, good post Floydy.

Actually, the soldiers, and others who died in the past, didn't give their lives so that we could vote....They gave their lives so we could enjoy freedom of speech, to write on places like this forum, and have the freedom to decide whether to vote or not. They gave their lives so we could come and go as we please. And not be frightened to voice our opinions.
I see not voting as a form of protest against the establishment, and saying we will not play your silly games, when the result is already cast....
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 10:54 AM

What vote has been overturned ?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top