Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Do You, Or Have You Ever Had The Need To Be Liked?

One of my old teachers used to ask us 'Do you love me?, well, you either love me or you hate me.'

Mind you, looking back, he was a bit......weird.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 08:55 AM

He would have probably been arrested today .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 08:59 AM

Some people ‘buy’ people in their quest to be liked. Giving them presents and saying everything they think the person wants to hear.

I am not sure if people are disliked for how they look or what they give off?

I usually don’t like arrogant, ignorant people but my ex husband always said that l should look for the good in people and not the bad.
I do try to do that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He would have probably been arrested today .
Yes, without doubt.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:25 AM

No,I've never had the NEED to be liked..I came from a large Family,Brothers,Sisters and more cousins than I can remember now..so when I was young They were My Friends,When I became an Adult I of course made Friends at work etc' and They wouldn't have been My Friends if They didn't like Me and vice versa...now at this stage in My Life..I really don't give a jot if Folk like or dislike Me...Their choice..I like/respect Me,and that's really all that matters now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:29 AM

Happy birthday Nom, if I haven't already said it, my memoryisn't what it was.

The qualities of people I like are who I see as genuine, caring, kind to both people and animals and honest.

I am with art, I don't like people who are arrogant, rude and nasty liars.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:30 AM

You don’t have to like me, but I’m not going to please someone for the sake of their approval
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:37 AM

I am sure Nom’s birthday is 31st March, the same day as my son’s birthday.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:56 AM

I really could not care less whether people dislike me, they know what they can do. If I dislike someone, then I have as little to do with them as possible.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
We all want to be accepted, don’t we? So sometimes, do we overcompensate in our quest to be accepted and liked?
The thing is, we are not always someone’s cup of tea! So how do we cope with that?
I always say, people have two choices, they either love you or hate you and that’s how it is!
Maybe, when we’re young we want to be liked and accepted? Whereas, when we get older, it isn’t so important to us.

What do you think? Do you need to be liked?
Thats one choice, loving or hating you. I don't believe masters are that binary, though. I have friends who are mere acquaintances, sometimes a bit more. I don't feel the need to be liked or accepted these days, though.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top