Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Re: Toyota To Build New Car In UK

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Quite possible since they are closing other plants in the UK. Perhaps they close inefficient assemblage lines in favour of the modern honda assembly line?
Unless Brexit is stopped in its tracks there'll be plenty of other foreign-owned plants closing in the UK too.

(Whoops! "Project Fear").
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We have to remember that BMW are not the EU, they have to follow the rules just like the rest of them, and at the end of the day they are a business looking for profit. The majority of vehicles on UK roads are German, and good luck to them, but could it be that if some BMW's are produced over here for the UK market (as they are produced with Right hand drive) it would avoid a lot of the red tape applied by the EU concerning exports? Especially if we exit the EU with no deal.

Could it be that other German and French manufacturers might follow?
These companies are in business first and the EU second!
And let's face it, big businesses will always find a way around the rules...

Money talks ... we buy more German cars than just about any other member state except France.

Remainers don't understand the way the world works.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Money talks ... we buy more German cars than just about any other member state except France.

Remainers don't understand the way the world works.
Again, you didn't do your homework bread. Of the 2.5 million cars germany exports to the EU, 800.000 go to UK, and about 270.000 to france.
It's their luck that brexit will make you a wealthy country, so you can keep buying from the germans.
https://www.vda.de/de/services/zahle...en/export.html
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:46 PM

Again, you didn't do your homework bread. Of the 2.5 million cars germany exports to the EU, 800.000 go to UK, and about 270.000 to france.
It's their luck that brexit will make you a wealthy country, so you can keep buying from the germans.
https://www.vda.de/de/services/zahle...en/export.html

So it's down to luck now is it ?

You make me laugh
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:51 PM

So it's down to luck now is it ?

You make me laugh
I can see your face red with shame because you didn't know, and forgot to check the facts. Don't worry, you never do. Therefore you lose every discussion.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-03-2019, 08:27 PM

I can see your face red with shame because you didn't know, and forgot to check the facts. Don't worry, you never do. Therefore you lose every discussion.

I wasn't using Google to look up the exact figures - I don't do it as a rule anyway I think its a cop-out on any debate. If I do it's usually if I'm hard pressed to give exact figures .. I guess you need to do it regularly ... and there is a reason for that.

If we import more German cars than France it strengthens my argument and weakens yours. If anything, splitting hairs only serves as a deflection.

Buy hey ho I guess you get to celebrate failure.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-03-2019, 09:04 PM

I wasn't using Google to look up the exact figures - I don't do it as a rule anyway I think its a cop-out on any debate. If I do it's usually if I'm hard pressed to give exact figures .. I guess you need to do it regularly ... and there is a reason for that.

If we import more German cars than France it strengthens my argument and weakens yours. If anything, splitting hairs only serves as a deflection.

Buy hey ho I guess you get to celebrate failure.
Your argument: money talks.remainers don't understabbd how the world works.
You underpin it with: we buy less cars than france.

I show you that you buy more cars than france and any other country. Then who is not understanding?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-03-2019, 09:06 PM

But hey ho I guess you get to celebrate failure.
Why should I celebrate the failure of the UK to get a brexit?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-03-2019, 09:11 PM

Why should I celebrate the failure of the UK to get a brexit?
I haven't a clue what youre on about now .... we were discussing German cars.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-03-2019, 09:42 PM

I haven't a clue what youre on about now .... we were discussing German cars.
A deflection if ever I have seen one.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top