Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:49 PM

Re: Are Our Lives Controlled By Time?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's time I sampled a bottle of that stout.

You drinkin that furrin stuff DooD??

Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You drinkin that furrin stuff DooD??

Donkeyman!
Aye ... just a drop.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Time controls us doesn’t it? Could you survive without knowing the time?

Would you be prepared to dump your watches and clocks and just depend on light and dark?

We couldn’t could we? This is why l believe our lives might be controlled by time.

Do you agree?

Yes,I agree...time waits for no man...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:14 PM

I hate being aware of time because it goes so flippin' fast! I have no choice though because my husband is clock mad and we have 17 in our house!

Time these days really scares me because it really do go faster the older I get.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:18 AM

The only clock in my house is the one on the PC - which I never look at anyway. I do own a watch but the only time I wear it is if I have an appointment somewhere - can't bear unpunctuality - then I usually have to arm wrestle a cat for it! Otherwise time is irrelevant.

Had enough of being governed by other peoples clocks - school, work, etc., Since I retired I eat only when I am hungry and I sleep when I feel tired. Have been known to stay up all night if I am doing something interesting
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:19 AM

Time is like air (Good or bad) the ground, the sky etc. IT's always there. IT has always has been there. It's the grand framework that everything is enclosed in. Whether there's clocks every where or none at all it's still there and it just goes on and on and on and no human being has ever found a way to stop it (Apart from dying that is and that's only for you. Time is still there) or make it go backwards. You don't have enough time?..You have 24 hours every day like everybody else. All you can do is make the best of it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, That issue would never have existed before clocks were invented.

Was ‘wind up’ meant to be a pun?
No, but I'll take it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am the same Last Tango.... a real stickler for punctuality......but then I have always had to live with time.

Just think , in the days before clocks I bet men could get away with coming home at any time they liked!

Ahhhhhh.... The Good ol' days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-11-2019, 12:32 AM

If they had made the Year shorter, we would all live longer.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am the same Last Tango.... a real stickler for punctuality......but then I have always had to live with time.

Just think , in the days before clocks I bet men could get away with coming home at any time they liked!
Yes oh yes oops here she comes see ya

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top